Water under mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s definitely one you’ll want to post if you ever figure it out.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water must be coming up from under the carpet. Because it certainly is NOT coming from the top down. It's between the metal floor, and base of carpet, then it comes up.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if the NBS has the plugs like other cars I've had but I have seen body drain plugs leak.
Mostly you'd get water up from under when hitting big puddles.
Had a buddy with a '69 Mustang that the plugs were so bad in that when we hit puddles it would blow the carpet up and soak you!
It was so bad that anytime we were going to hit a puddle he'd yell...
DIVE DIVE DIVE!

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I posted this in the other section. Mine is a 2013. Not sure how it got here ?

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue and did all the stuff everyone mentioned, and nothing worked. Finally realized it was the rubber grommet at the door that housed all the power mirror and door locks was not seated correctly. IMG_6229_1000.jpg
20160102_154236_zpssnqy1xaf.jpg

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked that because there are a few YouTube videos that mention it. I don't get water inside that area where the grommet is. Always dry in there even when carpet under the mat is soaked.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So..... the stealership is not doing well. They did the sunroof, the antenna, and I still have water under the mat. So it's going back next week.

Denali716

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 03 took off the door panel on driver side and found that the plastic water barrier had Ben opened and sealed up right! Put some silicone on it and no problems since.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 03 took off the door panel on driver side and found that the plastic water barrier had Ben opened and sealed up right! Put some silicone on it and no problems since.
The doors have drains at the bottom that get clogged. I pull the plastic flapper things out so they don’t clog.

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem, Even had the "heated seat turns itself on and off" thing. Turned out to be the door seal itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal