Water leaking from AC under dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt3055

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On occasion I have water leaking under the dash from the AC system 07 Yukon XL.

I have drained it using a bicycle brake cable through the drain tube inboard of front passenger wheel.

I want to fix this for good and I guess I have to remove the entire dash.

Anyone have advice on how to remove dash or easier way to get this fixed?

Thanks

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are u sure its the ac line and not the radiator heater? twice this has happened to me on my silverado had to replace the heater its a pain in the a**. U have to remove the whole dash

OP
OP
B

Bullitt3055

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is water accumulated from the AC system. Not coolant not the heater core. I ran the cable thru the drain you normally see your AC drip water from under the vehicle.

I've been looking online hoping I would find a thread showing the dash assembly being removed. The GM dealer said they would have to remove the dash to properly remove what is causing it to clog. The quote was ridiculous so I am going to do this myself.

atalakoub

Reaction score
I had this problem on my old VW. My mechanic told me it was leaves and junk in the drain and i would just hit the drain with some compressed air about once a summer. Never actually fixed it, just lived with it.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt3055

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem fixed. Dash removed and got it all cleaned up.

Clogged by something that fell down the windshield vent and clogged the AC drain. Even a piece of a crayola was found down there.

We were using a cable to unclog it for months and it would clog again almost immediately.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem fixed. Dash removed and got it all cleaned up.

Clogged by something that fell down the windshield vent and clogged the AC drain. Even a piece of a crayola was found down there.

We were using a cable to unclog it for months and it would clog again almost immediately.

Glad u got it fixed. Hope it lasts this time. Looks like a real hassle to try and get the dash out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts