Remove Lower Dash Under steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chain Saw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to get at my BCM, have removed from my 2009 Yukon the 2 screws but the lower dash is still solidly hooked up. I am not flexible enough to get my fat head under to look. Are there more clips or something? I also spotted a bolt under the brake release is that it?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can't help you with this concern but.......the irony of a member with a screen name of @Chain Saw asking for access info just makes me giggle.

The least you could have done was wait till I had my second cup of coffee.

Besides that, this post is in the wrong section. Hopefully a mod can help move it so you get more responses.

OP
OP
C

Chain Saw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The name was given to me by friends 50 years ago for reasons I don't think need discussion here. It has always cause some talk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang in there, and knowledgeable folks in this Forum will assist you. I replaced my BCM a few years ago, and I do not remember the exact details on the trim removal to get at the BCM. I do remember that it was not all that difficult, though.

@swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to get at my BCM, have removed from my 2009 Yukon the 2 screws but the lower dash is still solidly hooked up. I am not flexible enough to get my fat head under to look. Are there more clips or something? I also spotted a bolt under the brake release is that it?
Yes, you have to remove that 10mm bolt near the parking brake release, then you can remove the knee bolster panel.

1692634634331.png

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to remove that 10mm bolt near the parking brake release, then you can remove the knee bolster panel.

View attachment 406556
Thanks, @swathdiver . As always, your knowledge and willingness to share (as well as many other members of this Forum) help make this Forum as successful as it is.

me88

Reaction score
I have read a couple of times that people have to replace the BCM on these vehicles, what causes them to break or what issue do they develop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia