~ Water leak - Now gone, no overheat ~ Need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Just want to update just incase anyone who may see this in the furture (hello from the past). I gave it hell, and it fought back. The tool would indeed hold the crank but it wouldnt allow me still get the crescent wrench in. The lip of the tool would hit the nut and wouldnt allow it to turn.

Said f'it and put it on the back of the crank pulley and tried to hold it. I couldnt hold and turn. After MUCH trial and error I finally I ended up a 4' poll on the crescent and the jack handle (3') on the tool. Put on tension and had someone hold in place while I moved to the other side to pull the crescent. With that much leverage, it still took more umpf than what was shown in that video, using hand tools.

All said and done; It was indeed the water pump.

Tips/advise/notice; The upper hoses are a PITA to remove and no one sells them, so dont fuckem up. Fan might as well be welded on, as you can see what I had to do to get it off (it is not reverse thread). You will need the clutch fan tool, and said tool will ****** your belt (had to use for grip, otherwise crank would turn). So buy tool, belt, and any pills that will keep you sane (and try not to throw the fan in a victory rage, it will break).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman