Water leak into driver side front door jam/frame/kick panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, i had the cowl off today and couldnt find the leak. i sealed up the three usual spots (door wire grommet, ebrake cable boot and shifter cable boot) although they wouldnt explain how water is getting here to begin with. i had the cowl off and pumped it with water. no dice.

i think the leak is somewhere in the small space between the fender and the cowl since water finally came in after spraying in there a good bit. i dont think its the door seals. no evidence of leaking there. pulled the A pillar. dry.

any thoughts? time to pull the fender and take a look?

Attachments

• 20140830_195653.jpg
    20140830_195653.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20140830_195704.jpg
    20140830_195704.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't tAke credit but Jacob put me on to where the water sheds. It comes from out the cowl down the side of the fender out two flaps. Look for then and seal and factory seam seal in that area underneath the flaps. Seam seal gets these invisible cracks in it over time. I went over mine with silicone and it solved it.

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside the cowl or outside after the water exits the flaps? i was the flaps with i had the cowl removed. i filled the cowl with water a few times and nothing. when i sprayed between the fender and the cowl is when i got water. unless it just took time for the water to migrate in from the cowl. ill add some seam sealer under the cowl anyway where the factory stuff is. easy enough to do.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it apart make sure it's not filled with leaves.

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. is the line that runs along the A-pillar the drain? if they get clogged do they leak into that area in my pics?

nitty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you figure out where the leak was coming from? I had a chevy truck and the carpet would get wet down there and it was the rubber door harness was not in all the way. I hope this helps:)

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already checked those and sealed them with silicone also.

08grey - i seam sealed under the cowl but will check again. are you talking about inside/under the plastic cowl or out side of the rubber flaps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne