Water intrusion passenger floorboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen lots of threads already on this. I used the knowledge, and tried most of the suggestions.
We'll see, I couldn't mimic any water intrusion. I tried hose down the cowl, hose down the sunroof, hose on the roof, and sitting inside with a flashlight. Turned on both the heater/ac for about 30min each. Nothing. Ended up cutting the padding out to dry.
Placed new silicon at the blower inspection port under the cowl.

I've never hated a vehicle, that it until we bought this *************. It's not even like it's a bad car, it just nickle and dimes, and eats my time.

Other than that, passenger air bag light comes on, it may or may not be intermittent. My wife said it went off last week, but I didnt see it. Wire loom looks okay behind the seat rail. Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a soaking wet pass side floor too. i did the same as you did in trying to stop it.

but i think the fix was this, pull the plastic on the side, inside is a hole large enough to get a hand in, a couple inches down is a foam pad lining, its gonna be wet and its little drain hole is clogged up. need to get a screw driver inside the hole and on the door jam side middle, push the screw driver through, its not like your really forcing it either, it will mush though. since doing this not a drop has leaked in.

theres a vid of a guy on yt with a pick up truck doing this on the driver side, he had a hose going and that area filled with water and started to over flow and soak his carpet. he had it all opened up so we could see it pool up.

-DIRTBAG-

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok here is what I ran into on my 1998 Chevy K1500 Z71. I too had water on the passenger floorboard and now have a rust issue and stinky carpet. I tried all of the same things you did with no luck. Mine ended up being the drain hose/hole for the AC on the firewall. Mine wasn't plugged, but the little extension that let it drain away from the firewall had come off and disappeared. It was letting the drain water run back on the bottom side of the drain pipe and back into the cab. I went to the parts store and picked up a package of assorted rubber elbows and found one that fit. Problem solved. You might look into that and also use a fish tape or something similar to make sure the drain isn't plugged. Its usually on the passenger side firewall towards the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev