Water gurgling noise under passenger side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tltwin_750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 LTZ Tahoe and here recently when I start it up there is a gurgling noise from under passenger side of dash almost like if you stuck an air hose in a bucket of water and that would be as close as I could describe the noise. Has anyone else heard a noise similar to this or actually discovered what it is or have suggestions to what it might be??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 LTZ Tahoe and here recently when I start it up there is a gurgling noise from under passenger side of dash almost like if you stuck an air hose in a bucket of water and that would be as close as I could describe the noise. Has anyone else heard a noise similar to this or actually discovered what it is or have suggestions to what it might be??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might have condensation building up in your a/c duct. We have had times that the passenger side floor board is wet. Check to make sure your front A/C drain condensation drain line is clear.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your drain hose from the AC evaporator. As stated above check the passenger floor. Also are you using the heat? Could be in the heater core. If its gurgling I'd check coolant level. It could be gelled up also. Meaning clogging and fluid is having hard time getting through the core.

Dieseldave01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Did you figure this out? I have this same noise with my 2012 5.3 suburban. Everything seems to be functioning as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good ears can hear the coolant flowing thru the heater core. You would think the box it is in would have better sound deadening.

Be sure to check coolant level and still might need to "burp" air out of system.

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally eliminated noise. Back in spring the heater core tee that is prone to breaking had broke at line that runs to water pump. There was just enough nipple left to get a hose and clamp on. Apperantly it was leaking a very small amount while driving and odor making me think it was heater core. I replaced the tee and hose with factory replacements not a hard job maybe 15-20 mins. Wanted to use the Gruven heater core tee but after taking the factory tee off I can’t see how you could possibly attach hose and clamp that comes with the Gruven tee to the heater core because it was all I could do to get hand in to release quick connect on heater core tee. Thanks for the help from this forum.

jetmech

Reaction score
Finally eliminated noise. Back in spring the heater core tee that is prone to breaking had broke at line that runs to water pump. There was just enough nipple left to get a hose and clamp on.on Apperantly it was leaking a very small amount while driving and odor making me think it was heater core. I replaced the tee and hose with factory replacements not a hard job maybe 15-20 mins. Wanted to use the Gruven heater core tee but after taking the factory tee off I can’t see how you could possibly attach hose and clamp that comes with the Gruven tee to the heater core because it was all I could do to get hand in to release quick connect on heater core tee. Thanks for the help from this forum.

Thanks for updating...glad you got it fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans