Washer fluid low message won't go away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this issue myself last year. Bottom line: you gotta change the sensor.

Don't have to drop the entire washer fluid jug though, just unscrew the most visible mounting bolt to give you the clearance you need to extract the old sensor. You cannot get it out without doing that. I got the sensor out and in ONCE without removing the jug mount bolt, and fiddled with it for an hour before I said f that, and started to remove the entire jug. Didn't have to. Was an easy 10 minute job once I got that out of the way.

Be prepared to be washed with windshield washing fluid. :D
you're talking about the one that I can get to from the engine bay? move the battery tray then that 1 bolt?

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're talking about the one that I can get to from the engine bay? move the battery tray then that 1 bolt?

No, it's underneath the driver's wheel well cover. Undo the wheel well cover, peel it back and you'll see it. Can't miss it.

As for the rear leaking, it's been said: the hose probably came undone at the back. Check and make sure it's plugged in.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been getting that message for months on my message light but it goes away so I just ignored it. Had the leak by the front tire too but fixed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixed the front leak but haven't messed with the tank and sensor yet

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't have to drop the entire washer fluid jug though, just unscrew the most visible mounting bolt to give you the clearance you need to extract the old sensor. You cannot get it out without doing that. I got the sensor out and in ONCE without removing the jug mount bolt, and fiddled with it for an hour before I said f that, and started to remove the entire jug. Didn't have to. Was an easy 10 minute job once I got that out of the way.

Would of been no way I could of replaced the sensor with the bottle still in the truck. Removed it and even on the my workbench I had problems getting the sensor into the bottle the new rubber seal was a issue. figured it out after a few tries but absolutely would of never got it in the bottle without removing it first. I would of damaged the sensor without removal.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well I guess I must not have a clue what I am doing. I had every problem you could possibly have re-installing the washer bottle. And to make matters worse my DIC still comes on with the low washer fluid message.

Last edited:

ilikemikes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hack Block, was this successful? I have the ongoing message. About to check all mentioned above in the thread. Thanks in advance to all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne