Washer fluid low message won't go away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even after I filled it up I still get the message that the washer fluid is low. hoping I don't have to buy a new tank

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the fluid level sensor get bumped and spun the wrong direction? its a float sensor so if it got spun it will show empty either all the time or be reversed. looking at the sensor it appears as those thats possible. looks as tho the plug should be facing up. also notation on the 15 dollar sensor its claiming you should replace the whole container at the same time. if you can buy them separately i would assume its actually possible to remove the old one. probably just very difficult.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny mine just started doing this yesterday! Only thing I verified so far is my tank isn't cracked

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the fluid level sensor get bumped and spun the wrong direction? its a float sensor so if it got spun it will show empty either all the time or be reversed. looking at the sensor it appears as those thats possible. looks as tho the plug should be facing up. also notation on the 15 dollar sensor its claiming you should replace the whole container at the same time. if you can buy them separately i would assume its actually possible to remove the old one. probably just very difficult.
I'll check tomorrow

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this issue myself last year. Bottom line: you gotta change the sensor.

Don't have to drop the entire washer fluid jug though, just unscrew the most visible mounting bolt to give you the clearance you need to extract the old sensor. You cannot get it out without doing that. I got the sensor out and in ONCE without removing the jug mount bolt, and fiddled with it for an hour before I said f that, and started to remove the entire jug. Didn't have to. Was an easy 10 minute job once I got that out of the way.

Be prepared to be washed with windshield washing fluid. :D

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rear washer isn't working. tried to use it and saw it pissing all over right behind the driver front wheel

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rear washer isn't working. tried to use it and saw it pissing all over right behind the driver front wheel
So, with what you just shared, I’ve got to ask. When you said you filled up the reservoir and still got the low fluid, did you actually have fluid in it?

I ask because I had a connection for my rear window washer come undone and didn’t know it. Got low fluid message, I filled up my tank, put the jug away, shut the hood, got in and had the low fluid message still I popped the hood and got out to see what was happing and noticed my Yukon was taking a leak out the rear driver corner. Hose barb connection came loose and once I put back together, problem was solved.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it stays full. only leaks when I try to use the rear washer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne