Was it really a downgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tytotheler92

tytotheler92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PXL_20230107_220844133.jpg

I would like to get the back down another inch, right now sitting on 4" Belltech Pro Coils. I like the way they feel and the way the truck tows.

Conflicted on if I even want to mess with the suspension anymore. lol.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 389214

I would like to get the back down another inch, right now sitting on 4" Belltech Pro Coils, and I like the way they feel and the way the truck tows.

Conflicted on if I even want to mess with it anymore. lol.
Of course you do! We will be happy to help you spend your money. When is the whipple going in? Or are you going to go with a Garrett..?

OP
OP
tytotheler92

tytotheler92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did finally get rotors and pads off a 2022 truck. I've had the calipers since I sold my 21' back when you could get them *NEW* for $75 before all the NBS cavemen went crazy for them. (Wait. I'm them.)

Screenshot_20230214-090541.png

I drove it today for the first time since December. lol

Still have one side with steps, one without. I think I like the steps and I'll put them back on eventually....but I still can't make up my mind fully.

PXL_20230214_224340301.jpg

PXL_20230214_224427364.jpg

Last edited:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been lookin for those brakes since mines gonna need fronts soon but they dont exist haha

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer trucks and SUVs are taller, roomier, longer, have better fuel economy, and typically less noises, harshness, and vibrations. Not saying anything is wrong with a 20 year old truck, but you asked for the differences. Why did you hate the 2021 Silverado?

OP
OP
tytotheler92

tytotheler92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive been lookin for those brakes since mines gonna need fronts soon but they dont exist haha
They're getting hard to find and EXPENSIVE. They were so cheap early on.

The newer trucks and SUVs are taller, roomier, longer, have better fuel economy, and typically less noises, harshness, and vibrations. Not saying anything is wrong with a 20 year old truck, but you asked for the differences. Why did you hate the 2021 Silverado?

When did I ask for differences? There are many. To be honest I thought the 2021 was a poor excuse for an upgrade from my 2014 after living with it. The 8L80 sucks, the Gen5 5.3 didn't make that much more power than my Gen5 4.3 while towing, I thought the interior wasn't any better, the seats were way worse. I generally like the K2 generation more and the 2014+ was a huge step forward for GM as far as everything you mentioned. Now, do I change my tune on the 23+? Probably. I haven't spent any real time in one yet.

But this 2001 does everything I need and more, gets 20 mpg, and includes some of the best seats ever put in a vehicle. Add the cheap parts, ease of repair, and no payments and I'll run this as long as I can and enjoy it all the while. Plus its way better looking imo.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 389214

I would like to get the back down another inch, right now sitting on 4" Belltech Pro Coils. I like the way they feel and the way the truck tows.

Conflicted on if I even want to mess with the suspension anymore. lol.

Have a link to them Pro coils? I Googled and what I saw looked like TBSS coils used for big rear drops. With those coils, the top 3-4 coils are compressed and touching. They're "dead" and just acting as spacers. They can be cut out for more drop without affecting the ride or load capacity.

Otherwise, try stock Jeep TJ rear coils :p