Was excited about the new 2021 Tahoe makeover, paid cash for one, highly dissapointed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highcountry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Tahoe High Country Deluxe and with less than 4,000 miles it already has major air ride supspension problems and a cracked lift! I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem who has purchased one yet and I am also trying to make buyers aware of buying one if you are considering purchasing one! It seems to me I got a lemon!

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Premier model without the air ride (just magnetic ride) and no issues so far.

Mine was built in March and I bought it in April…so far I’ve got 3,400 miles on it and I’m pleasantly surprised.

I’ve been reading a lot of posts here and I don’t recall seeing issues with the air ride. Lifters in the engine is another story…hope I don’t see problems with those as many others have.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I am assuming the rig is at the dealer for warranty work and get all problems and results documented thoroughly. Like @Micahsd said, there are several threads of engine problems and a few others for other problems. First year of a new model is notorious for these things except for the lifter problems that I think is a major flaw that should have been caught and addressed long ago, IMO.

You never did say, how come the rig had 4000 miles on it before you got it?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my Escalade in June, built in May. It has the air ride suspension, and I've put 4600 miles on it so far. No problems with anything.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, picked up my RST in June, built in May and have 2876 on the clock. All is good.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine last October, 9k miles, no issues.

OP
OP
H

highcountry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I am assuming the rig is at the dealer for warranty work and get all problems and results documented thoroughly. Like @Micahsd said, there are several threads of engine problems and a few others for other problems. First year of a new model is notorious for these things except for the lifter problems that I think is a major flaw that should have been caught and addressed long ago, IMO.

You never did say, how come the rig had 4000 miles on it before you got it?
I bought it in February and that is just what I have put on it since purchased.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Tahoe High Country Deluxe and with less than 4,000 miles it already has major air ride supspension problems and a cracked lift! I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem who has purchased one yet and I am also trying to make buyers aware of buying one if you are considering purchasing one! It seems to me I got a lemon!
Sounds like you have a isolated issue on your 2021 Tahoe. Once it is fixed you should be good to go.

4K miles seems right since February. I would have the same or more miles if it were mine.

Welcome from Miami Beach!

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased mine in October and have over 8k miles, not a single issue, my family loves this vehicle. Like any other new vehicle, an unfortunate few will experience problems. The majority of owners I hear from online and in person are happy with their purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11