Warranty DEDUCTIBLE?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
$5K total. I paid $2600 so when I use it all I will have saved $2400.

So basically your deductible was $2600. That "instead of warranty" company plays the odds and comes out great on the other side. Every now and then I hear of the extended warranty companies covering maintenance but they are few and far between. Extended warranties were sold for breakdowns and repairs, not maintenance. I don't know how tight they are controlled now but way back when the warranty company could collect all these payments for coverage and then close up shop and move to another state under a different name.

Hrocks

Reaction score
The only extended warranty I would ever buy on a GM vehicle was the former GMPP warranty. This was basically an extension of the factory warranty BUT, with YOUR CHOICE of having a zero deductible, or a range of deductibles. As one might expect, the smaller the deductible, the higher the cost. If you're planning on keeping your vehicle for a LONG time, it could be very beneficial. I had one on my '10 Tahoe that served me well for about 6/7 years. You could then have also chosen time and mileage limits. (Still have the Tahoe.)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The only extended warranty I would ever buy on a GM vehicle was the former GMPP warranty. This was basically an extension of the factory warranty BUT, with YOUR CHOICE of having a zero deductible, or a range of deductibles. As one might expect, the smaller the deductible, the higher the cost. If you're planning on keeping your vehicle for a LONG time, it could be very beneficial. I had one on my '10 Tahoe that served me well for about 6/7 years. You could then have also chosen time and mileage limits. (Still have the Tahoe.)

Agreed. If you have to buy an extended warranty, the best ones were from the manufacturer of your vehicle. The chances of them shutting down and leaving you high and dry were greatly diminished.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The one I bought has helped, but in reading the contract again there are things I thought were covered which are not.

And the reason you thought these items were covered is because the salesman that sold you the warranty said, "It covers everything", correct? Or what was it that led you to believe they were covered? Assumed without reading or what, if anything, was said?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas