Wanting a PPV for the wrong reasons.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have noticed others who own PPV vehicles and seem to have one goal in mind and that is to make their PPV look and function in every way as a real Police car, outfitting them with red and blue flashing lights with working spotlights and even going as far as buying the rear pillar mounts for the strobes.
discussion?

I have never heard of anyone with a PPV or SSV decommissioned Tahoe ever do this from Key West to Canada. Maybe owners of Tahoe's just have more sense.

On the other hand back in the day when the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor the old Caprice PPV were the king of police vehicles there were a lot of cases of that going on. Especially here in Miami. Most had cages still in them among other nasty things. A lot were used for unspeakable crimes here in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area.

Now it is the occasional decommissioned Charger,Explorer and Taurus doing those dumb things.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone with a PPV or SSV decommissioned Tahoe ever do this from Key West to Canada. Maybe owners of Tahoe's just have more sense.

On the other hand back in the day when the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor the old Caprice PPV were the king of police vehicles there were a lot of cases of that going on. Especially here in Miami. Most had cages still in them among other nasty things. A lot were used for unspeakable crimes here in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area.

Now it is the occasional decommissioned Charger,Explorer and Taurus doing those dumb things.
There are tons of instances. Here are a few examples. Stupid people are not limited to driving Crown Vics...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....sonating-police-officer-even-had-badge-police

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...impersonating-officer-sioux-falls/1577513002/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reporternews.com/amp/2302843002

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Well I got to tell you if you think by removing just the alley light will help you out not to look like a cop car, you picked the wrong color of ssv. Short of getting the doors painted to look like the rest you will always look like a cop car. I suggest trade it in on another ssv. Here is what u would need to do to look civilianized. All one color. Roof rack another set of wheels , door dings moldings is a start

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645