Want To Do An Oil Change Any Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
valvaleen or castrol is about as good as it gets says my ole teacher who is a ASE Master certified technician who has been working in the automotive world since the stone age lol

name brand oils now are so advanced these days its really not that big of a deal but i prefer valvaleen

also try a quart of LUCAS oil treatment. my teacher told me to try it and i put some in a suzuki samurai i had and it mad a difference like you wouldnt believe

also that Z-max is the most impressive stuff i have used.. its expensive but its the price you pay for something you can really tell a difference with. alot of stuff in the parts stores are ******** in a bottle and can be really harmfull so be careful but not that z-max stuff it does what it says it does

kyredneck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I switched to synthetic after all the good things said about it and my 95 Hoe having 157k, after a few hundred miles I had mysterious new oil leaks that I didn't have before. Switched back to Mobile 1 regular oil and the leaks are gone. My GM mechanic friend said that is common for synthetic oil to do too higher mileage vehicles.

Mattjr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it matters....i have heard that if you switch to royal purple then you will defrinitly have little leaks that you didnt have before, bc of the stuff thats in it...i dont know much about it but we had a sales rep come in one time and was saying that....but at the end of the day if mobil 1 is getting the job done, then stick with it!!!

kyredneck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i never used mobil i always used penzoil i think imma give it a shot

That's funny you said that cause he (GM mechanic) told me too stay away from anything Pennzoil!! lol
Said he has rebuilt several engines that ran only Pennzoil and were all gummed up inside. I really couldn't tell ya but I do know Mobile 1 is a high quality oil and has a HUGE following of fans!!

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use AMSOIL in my hoe and wifes car and my sportbike love it my bike has 27000 miles and when we took the top of the head off to do work to it last summer the inside of the motor looks cleaner then the outside i have used it in the bike since new but use what you are using now if you have that many miles just keep the changes often

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny you said that cause he (GM mechanic) told me too stay away from anything Pennzoil!! lol
Said he has rebuilt several engines that ran only Pennzoil and were all gummed up inside.

That is funny, I have been told the same thing. Penzoil BAD! :imo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed