Waiting for 2021 to be shipped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rbhim1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a 2021 a few weeks ago that was in transit to dealership. Put deposit down and it's in hold. Was told it was built just waiting for transport. Just checked with chevy.com chat and got this message back..see pic... I thought they were built in Arlington, TX. Why would it be so far north. It is coming to Houston, TX. Loaded out RST all cameras, screens, sunroof, efc.....

Attachments

• 20211013_105453.jpg
    20211013_105453.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 17

ugotdubbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would contact the dealer. My dealer was able to show me tracking information on my Tahoe every couple of days as it came across the country. It was delivered 1 day earlier than estimated. Maybe they gave you the wrong order # or VIN.

Attachments

• Track.JPG
    Track.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 17

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May have been delivered to a dealer, or was a cross border deal, and it got rejected, or was not able to cross border..

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw somewhere that they were shipping vehicle needing chips to a central location due to unavailable space at assembly plants. GM has a lot of property in the SE Michigan area with all the former plants there. Auburn Hills is near Pontiac and just south of Flint so GM has all kinds of logistics resources to ship vehicles there, install chips when available and return to 'in transit'. I heard posters talk of all kinds of GM vehicles stored in the area.

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Large amount of GM trucks sitting in the parking lot of abandoned Delco plant in Kokomo, IN. I hear they are waiting for modules due to chip shortage which coincidentally were manufactured at this very location. Can't make this stuff up.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
In auburn hills mi, they were storing the buick enclave and chevy traverses.... and at the flint airport, they were storing the gmc/chevy 1500+ pickups. I haven't seen have fullsized suvs sitting around the metro detroit area yet

OP
OP
R

Rbhim1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My salesman made some phone calls and said they dont know where the Michigan thing came from. Was told the vehicle is in Arlington at the navy yard waiting shipment which should be soon. We will see

CoryS

Reaction score
My salesman made some phone calls and said they dont know where the Michigan thing came from. Was told the vehicle is in Arlington at the navy yard waiting shipment which should be soon. We will see
Out of curiosity, what is your event code?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC