VVT cam phaser limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixTwoTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm installing a stage 1 VVT cam from Texas Speed and they sent the phaser limiter kit which is from Comp Cams, part #5456. In the instructions it says to check which version actuator you have, either the 1st design 62 degree one or the second design 52 degree one. The kit seems to be for the first design but I have the second design. Comp Cams makes a different kit for the second design, part #5460. I'm guessing the block is just a little smaller so ultimately both style actuators are limited to the same degree of phasing. I think I have to order the other kit but I don't know if the phasing tables Texas speed provides are made using the 5456 kit. They don't provide any other kit options when you order but they must know there's multiple designs. I've tried emailing them but there tech support has been really unhelpful and won't even answer half the questions I ask. Anyone else dealt with figuring out which phaser kit to use? Thanks for any help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019