vlom grenaded my 2018 LT1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baychef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got one for yall im obviously in this forum for more detailed info so i did a full dod mechanical delete lifters, cam , diablo and all ,but me and my buddy who is a ase master tech for mopar argued over the vlom we blocked the towers but left in the vlom and connected it, we diabled afm with diablo and it ran great just with p0430 and p0420 but it only threw those codes in the canned tune so diablo said try in modified stock it ran with no codes but like shit so we tried the diablo octane tune ran great no codes initially was able to data log and send lew the logs , but it started throwing codes again even though his 10k $ snap on scanner showed everything within specs. heres where shit goes south my tech decided we need to unplug the solenoids on the harness next to the throttle body so we did that and started it, it felt to me it was running on 4 cylinders so i killed it, replugged that connection and started it , it popped and blew 1 rod out the block and oil pan. 2018 chevy silverado 1500 with direct injection. id really appreciate yalls educated guess on why this happened, alread got a new donor motor with 30k mi and are rebuilding
thank you

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what "solenoids next to to the throttle body"??
p0420/0430 is o2 sensor codes - youd need to make changes to the MAF (atleast) and ideally the VE tables also. cam change will throw the fuel requirements off
i would guess messing with the vlom, wrong tune, and trying to run it you probably flooded a few cylinders with fuel and no spark. next time you tried to start the fuel wont compress and kicked the rod out the side

Last edited:

Roger906

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what "solenoids next to to the throttle body"??
p0420/0430 is o2 sensor codes - youd need to make changes to the MAF (atleast) and ideally the VE tables also. cam change will throw the fuel requirements off
i would guess messing with the vlom, wrong tune, and trying to run it you probably flooded a few cylinders with fuel and no spark. next time you tried to start the fuel wont compress and kicked the rod out the side
That was my first thought also...hydrolock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019