Viper 5901 Alarm frustrations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mech5700

Reaction score
Alright, I did an experiment today n here's what I figured out.

I took the driver door panel off, disconnected the lock/unlock rod from the lock cylinder so I can simulate popping the lock cylinder in and manually pulling the rod to unlock the vehicle without a key.

Closed the door with me in the car, set the alarm, waited 45 seconds or so, reached in there n pulled up on the unlock rod-dome light came on, door unlocked. I opened the door and alarm did not go off.

When I redid the experiment and unlocked the door from the inside lock slider and opened it, the alarm went off.

My conclusion: The truck knows the difference between unlocking from outside and unlocking from inside. It doesn't care if a key or a screw driver is being used, as long as the lock actuator is unlocked via the rod that goes to the lock cylinder, the truck can be unlocked/disarmed and anyone can get in without triggering the alarm via the door, and will only trip the alarm via the shock sensor or trying to turn the ignition....great....

The answer? Still haven't decided, my installer is getting annoyed with me calling him and telling him that he is wrong and my alarm will not prevent the method of entry used the other day... maybe I might just remove the rod going to the lock cylinder so that way if the cylinder gets popped again, there wont be a rod in there to tug on and unlock the door.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Youre right saying the truck knows the difference. But the aftermarket alarm doesnt. Ur installer didnt connect the alarm properly and should fix it. If he wires it the way i posted above then u shouldnt have anymore problems.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's annoyed? tough shit 4 him.

I'd have been down there already having my truck's alarm install corrected, or having it removed and a full refund (including labor) issued.

I makes you wonder if he is making money off the chop shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19