Vigor air ride shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
What do you guys think? Yay or Nay

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them (but that means nothing).

Lots of folks here use Arnott replacement shocks and are very happy with them.

Curt Hibbert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever try the Vigor Air Shocks? If so, what are your thoughts? I was thinking of trying them myself.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a name I have never come across anywhere, let alone with the folks here.

Personally, not sure this is where I’d try and pinch pennies and go with an off brand.

As mentioned already, for airshocks it’s pretty much OEM or Arnott that I see folks using here. Have had really good luck with Arnott myself.

Curt Hibbert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went ahead and put on the Vigor air shocks. Been on about 3 weeks now. So far so good. I put on a Dorman air compressor. Not much difference in money here especially considering it comes with the intake hose/filter, pressure sensor and the warranty.
I liked the shocks taking them out of the box. The electrical and air fittings are in the same position as the originals. So, no messing with a replacement hose to reach the air fittings like in some shocks I have seen.
I have not even heard the compressor turn on when I start it up in the morning. I was a little concerned, but hooking up my Tech 2 it shows 54 PSI and the position sensors are not calling for compressor. That indicates to me no leaks. I can turn on the compressor with the Tech 2 and watch the car raise, turn it off and it lowers until the position sensors are happy.
Time will tell and I will let the group know if I run into issues.
I use GM parts on items that will leave me walking. Air shocks to me are not such an item. And I have an extra hundred bucks. At least right now.

doc5339

Reaction score
I went ahead and put on the Vigor air shocks. Been on about 3 weeks now. So far so good. I put on a Dorman air compressor. Not much difference in money here especially considering it comes with the intake hose/filter, pressure sensor and the warranty.
I liked the shocks taking them out of the box. The electrical and air fittings are in the same position as the originals. So, no messing with a replacement hose to reach the air fittings like in some shocks I have seen.
I have not even heard the compressor turn on when I start it up in the morning. I was a little concerned, but hooking up my Tech 2 it shows 54 PSI and the position sensors are not calling for compressor. That indicates to me no leaks. I can turn on the compressor with the Tech 2 and watch the car raise, turn it off and it lowers until the position sensors are happy.
Time will tell and I will let the group know if I run into issues.
I use GM parts on items that will leave me walking. Air shocks to me are not such an item. And I have an extra hundred bucks. At least right now.
Just following-up with you to see how those Vigor Air Shocks are holding-up? Curious how many miles you have put on them, the type of terrain driven, as well as ride quality?

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be replacing my rear skp replacement shocks with a set of these vigors. Hopefully home up better than the skp from rockauto

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a little over 500 miles on them so far & they ride pretty well. Connectors felt more secure than the skps I had. The air connector on the passenger side on the skps wouldn't fully seat. The vigors went in nice & tight

OP
OP
AmunRoo

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Update, I've had the vigor air shocks installed since about march. They've been holding up just fine and I have no issues whatsoever. No leaks to report and they ride very well. So far so good. I wish they made them for the front too...

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to ask about these shocks and did a search first good thing I did thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts