Vident iLink400 or Tech 2 Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soft pedal to the floor?
About halfway, bit mushy but the brakes work. Rears were just adjusted at the weekend, and I've just bought all new hardware to replace them this weekend.

Looked at a few scan tool videos now and It almost seems like all they are using the same, or very similar software.

Found this comment in a Siiverado forum ABS thread that is interesting re the Vident. Making me lean back to it.

Screen shot 2019-02-26 at 4.34.49 PM.png

Would be nice to know for certain that it performs the ABS bleed function

The Foxwell NT 630 Elite is mentioned in the post above costs about $110 and seems like it will perform the automated ABS bleed feature.

Here's a guy doing the GM ABS bleed procedure on an Autel Maxicheck Pro, $220 ish

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a video that shows that iLink hanging. Been looking at other manufacturers and spent way too much time on this already.

The Tech2 is obviously the right tool that's guaranteed to work for this truck. At $330 just to bleed my ABS when my brakes aren't that bad, and a finicky idle, I'll hold off for now. Great to know it's actually affordable now though. Thanks for the replies.

I'm still curious to know what is the cheapest pos that can perform the ABS bleed function.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the DC-DC regulator is not the quality of the original. This device takes the battery voltage and converts to 5volts to power the unit. It doesn't like the drop in input voltage when the battery takes a dive during starting and the regulated 5v drops out, so the unit can reboot during this. There is a better regulator you can put in if necessary and the clone reg fails. But the reality is there isn't much of any operations requiring shutdown and restart of the vehicle.

This happens to mine as well and I recently saw those posts for the more powerful regulator. I put it on my watch list and will upgrade it one of these days. Not needed but nice to have.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a video that shows that iLink hanging. Been looking at other manufacturers and spent way too much time on this already.

The Tech2 is obviously the right tool that's guaranteed to work for this truck. At $330 just to bleed my ABS when my brakes aren't that bad, and a finicky idle, I'll hold off for now. Great to know it's actually affordable now though. Thanks for the replies.

I'm still curious to know what is the cheapest pos that can perform the ABS bleed function.

This guy used a GM MDI clone, which I believe is cheaper than a tech2 knock-off. The video comments says it can do the crank relearn and ABS bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tuita

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VIDENT ilink400 Scan Tool good for GM Car?

I met a trouble: which kind of scan tool is suitable for my 2000 GM car. I search my problem on the form and got some answers.

My problem:

Several days ago, I got a 2000 GM car and need a level three scan tool that can do activation and configuration, plus read all available codes across all the modules in the car. Has anyone used one of these and have anything good or bad ideas? By the way, I’ve looked at the clone Tech2s but the internet is hit or miss as to how well they work.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I met a trouble: which kind of scan tool is suitable for my 2000 GM car. I search my problem on the form and got some answers.

My problem:

Several days ago, I got a 2000 GM car and need a level three scan tool that can do activation and configuration, plus read all available codes across all the modules in the car. Has anyone used one of these and have anything good or bad ideas? By the way, I’ve looked at the clone Tech2s but the internet is hit or miss as to how well they work.

On this forum, I've only come across one guy whose Tech-2 had a bad screen and he failed to send it back AFAIK. Everyone else has received working, fully functional, units.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My problem:

The tech2 clones work perfectly fine, they will do ANYTHING a original $3000 one will do, the only notable difference is the built in power module will not hold up to a low voltage vehicle restart, so the workaround is to simply plug in a 12v dc power adapter to a extension cord, there are very few instances where you would even need to do that. otherwise they are well worth the investment, just getting a diagnostic from the dealer is around $125 a pop, you can stay at home and save time and money.

tuita

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my gm tech2 from chinacardiags.com two years ago,still work well,vident is a new brand,my friend john has got one ilink400 no bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic