Vibration at 65 and front diff oil leak, sticking yoke.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodse

Reaction score
I have a '99 denali with 58,000miles. I vibrates from 65 to 70. I have had the wheels balanced. Also dropped the drive shaft twice to grease the yoke. It still grabs. When I accelerate ******* the highway the truck vibrates heavily. Now the input shaft seal is leaking on he front differential. I think I need a replacement yoke with the GM non slip surface and have the driveshaft balanced. With the sticking drive shaft would that pull on the front drive shaft and shouldn't the front drive shaft have a slip joint /connection? Anyone else have his problem? Any recommendations? Would brake drums out of balance cause a vibration?

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
John, make sure the yoke is clean and free from rust. you can take the DS out and sand/polish that yoke up so it doesnt tear the seal. Also transmission fluid should keep that yoke from sticking.

Also i would look into Ujoints since that wasnt mentioned at all.

(58,000 miles on a 99 denali is practically unheard of!!)

OP
OP
Woodse

Woodse

Reaction score
Thanks - I have had the drive shaft out twice to apply grease, first with green trailer bearing which worked for a week then again with Lucas red heavy duty which is now works intermittently. There is no rust on the yoke and the leak is from the input to the front diff. I'm going to drop the front drive shaft today to make sure it has slip in length. I read somewhere that GM fixed the sticking yoke with a a zinc impregnated yoke?

Uderro1

Reaction score
My 96 how has the same problem between 35-40. It shakes that bad you can make chocolate milk with the shake. It starts to shake again around 70ish but not as bad. I had the tires balanced, replaced the u-joints and sanded down the in put shaft. No one can seem to figure out why it is shaking so bad.

OP
OP
Woodse

Woodse

Reaction score
I am going to try a new drive shaft, any recomendations where to buy one

Milky1112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any resolution to this? i noted mine was doing the same thing.. About 70ish.. It's rather annoying (Tires were balanced.. those salad shooting spinning rims are a pain to balance too)

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is the viration taking place? the front? sounds like you might need a new bearing or possibly rebuild the front suspension and steering components.. (bushings, arms, etc..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1