Vents randomly blow hot air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briarpatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So....almost 4 years in....and, of course outside the original warranty, we had our first issue. The vents seem to randomly blow hot air...and even when we turn the a/c on...the air temp remained hot. I turned the a/c off....and then the hot air seemed to stop. Thankfully, we bought an extended warranty, but it would not do it for the tech at the dealership. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Sad to say....but owned a Toyota Sequoia before this.....drove if for 12 years and 148000 miles...and replaced a weepy water pump...and nothing else. I'm hoping this is not an omen about this vehicle.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. The dealers are quick to say they can’t replicate the problem in my experience. Try an Indy that your warranty company works with. It sounds like there’s a leak. Mine was the condenser.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it.
We had a VW Passat that we loved but had to trade in when the dealer couldn't solve it. It could be 90 degrees outside and the auto HVAC would blast full heat from the AC vents.
The electronics are far beyond the average mechanics capabilities. They are probably beyond I.T. guys capabilities too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts