VCIM for Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
That was petethepug who mentioned the 5v Bose module for the music. I’m interested in that as well. If there’s a way to easily add factory style music steaming through the VCIM then I am going to do it. As far as I know it can’t be done, at least not through the 2010 continental VCIM I bought. If it can be done through a newer one then I am all ears and will be looking to do a swap. Thanks

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
While using a few loaner and rental vehicles with equipped with BT (cell phone) and A2DP (Music) AKA: CarPlay. They work great but can be finicky. Often times it’s easier to just plug the phone into the charge port to link the BT / A2DP vs going through the link process for a 5 min drive.

Updating the (plug n play) 2011 VCIM to our 09, already equipped with BT, was an instant value add. Subscribing to OnStar for access to Cell phone control of…

Remote Start.
Lock / Unlock.
Vehicle locate.
Flash lights
Sound horn.
Upload destination from cell to truck Navi.
Boundary alerts (for teens).
Instant vehicle diagnostics / alerts.

After pricing aftermarket products to do the above; the install, components and subscription costs never had a break even since OnStar also includes …

24/7 Humans
Crash response
Tow / Emergency service.
Amp’d Cell antenna service for the Sticks.
Biggest Geo location service.
Live Concierge services for loading ANYTHING into your Navi like Coffee, Mickey D’s or I’m lost in downtown LA (GMTF outta here).

Back to music BT. The actual benefit to the GMT900 is the ability to easily OEM+ upgrade it. Until it’s perfected, keep BT music steaming separate. Bose 5v AD2P is bulletproof and seamlessly links on every start up, always shakes hands with the factory BT mute and A/C fan speed reduction. It also allows apps like Waze to run / announce while Pandora is Playing music.

Looking into this product as a workaround for adding another input to remove the plug from the front Aux port the Bose A2DP currently uses for integration. To date, I’ve not been able to get the Escalade 2014 SD card Navi unit to link to my phone with its Aux cord from the back of the unit.

A4763679-532E-428F-85D2-F7E9F9E58A4F.jpeg

A1251R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While using a few loaner and rental vehicles with equipped with BT (cell phone) and A2DP (Music) AKA: CarPlay. They work great but can be finicky. Often times it’s easier to just plug the phone into the charge port to link the BT / A2DP vs going through the link process for a 5 min drive.

Updating the (plug n play) 2011 VCIM to our 09, already equipped with BT, was an instant value add. Subscribing to OnStar for access to Cell phone control of…

Remote Start.
Lock / Unlock.
Vehicle locate.
Flash lights
Sound horn.
Upload destination from cell to truck Navi.
Boundary alerts (for teens).
Instant vehicle diagnostics / alerts.

After pricing aftermarket products to do the above; the install, components and subscription costs never had a break even since OnStar also includes …
I have a 2016 PPV that was ordered without Bluetooth. I am trying to figure out if the necessary wiring might already be in the vehicle so I can drop in a new module to get BT and Onstar. Do you have any experience in this regard? Thanks

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but am I understanding it correctly that if I get a VCIM out of a 2011 and the why harness that I would be able to add Bluetooth to my factory radio in my 2008 Yukon Denali?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bluetooth phone calls, no bluetooth music from what I have been reading..

for music, someone had listed this option if you have xm-radio module, this will plug in to that harness

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The above plug n play adapter fully integrates music streaming into the steering wheel control buttons. Unfortunately it only works on the Tahoe, Yuke & Burb 11-14 HDD Navi units that have their XM tuners located behind the glove box.

All 07-14 Esky with SuperNav have the separate XM tuners needed, so it fits all factory Navi equipped Esky.

Since my last post in ‘21, GM pulled the plug on ALL 07-14 OnStar units but the BT for phone service will continue to work regardless.

The previously mentioned adapter needed for later model 10-14 VCIM modules is simply a generic $7 splitter wire.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s the splitter / wye to connect the factory <09 BT antenna into a 10> VCIM module.

83BB2584-6942-49D6-B1C5-4847B1AB6840.jpeg

Here’s the factory BT antenna to add onto a 10> VCIM module to retrofit BT for phone calls into a 07 or 08 truck if not provided. Do NOT pay more that 7-$10 for one. They’re plentiful.

2B8D1D9C-1D07-4BB7-A69A-3A65C10AE509.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu