Vacation 18!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just started summer by visiting my brother in Chicago. Purchased my used 2011 GMC Yukon with 154,000 miles earlier in the year! I bought the truck because of all the room it provides for my 2 little ones! The ride and comfort was everything I thought it would be! So happy with this vehicle! Anyone else planning to take the family anywhere in their Yukon’s this summer? If so, where? And how long of a trip? We drove 534 miles from Pittsburgh! And gotta say, got awesome gas mileage. 20+ to the gallon! Only took a tank and a half! Would love to hear where everyone is going this summer in their trucks!

PoPoPPV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are going to trip to the Third Coast in a few weeks. We routinely rented a Burban or a Tahoe after selling our Yukon XL in 2011, frickin' tired of that!! So, we grabbed up our new to us 2017 Z71 just in time for the summer vacay. We took it on a trial run to the Metroplex last weekend, drove/handled like BUTTAH! Tropics calmed down for a bit so hopefully no crazy weather July 27 - August 5th?!?

OP
OP
Matt81

Matt81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We are going to trip to the Third Coast in a few weeks. We routinely rented a Burban or a Tahoe after selling our Yukon XL in 2011, frickin' tired of that!! So, we grabbed up our new to us 2017 Z71 just in time for the summer vacay. We took it on a trial run to the Metroplex last weekend, drove/handled like BUTTAH! Tropics calmed down for a bit so hopefully no crazy weather July 27 - August 5th?!?
Love the reply! I thought about renting a newer tahoe/Yukon to keep miles off mine.... but decided to save the money! Glad I did! Have a good trip!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far just day trips in my 2006 xl Denali. Last trip was from up in the mountains where I live down to the Los Angeles area to chemical guys for their big end of the month car meet. A really fun event and I love making the tow and a half hour drive cuz my Denali is so comfortable. After the car meet I drove through Long Beach. Went nerd status and took a few pics with Queen Mary lol. And then relaxed on the beach for a bit before heading back towards the base of the mountain for a night out with my dance family at one of our favorite spots to go country line dancing. Round trip was roughly a couple hundred miles. So lots of driving but it’s just comfortable when you’re rollin in a big land yatch like a tahoe or Yukon haha.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a trip to bourbon country back in May with 3 of my buddies. Denali did great with a 194k on the clock, except during one of the shorter drives between the distilleries the rear vents were blowing hot air. I had just replaced the the driver front blend door actuator the previous week, so I would't be surprised if another one was start to go. We also only average 15mpg, but we also had 4 guys probably averaging 250lbs each, and over 50 bottles of liquor on the return trip.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a trip to bourbon country back in May with 3 of my buddies. Denali did great with a 194k on the clock, except during one of the shorter drives between the distilleries the rear vents were blowing hot air. I had just replaced the the driver front blend door actuator the previous week, so I would't be surprised if another one was start to go. We also only average 15mpg, but we also had 4 guys probably averaging 250lbs each, and over 50 bottles of liquor on the return trip.
What year Denali?

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading to San Diego in the morning for a few days at the beach. I’m sure the Hoe will run like beast there at sea level and 75 degrees instead of 1400ft and 110F.
I know my vette loves the cool weather.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In June went from Miami Beach to Brooklyn N.Y. August 8th going from Miami Beach to Queens N.Y and possibly to Cape Cod Massachusetts and Atlantic City N.J. Went from Boynton Beach FL to Key West last week just for the weekend. In October going back to Astoria,Queens N.Y. from Miami Beach for 3 weeks. I never get tired of driving my Hoe as it is pleasure to drive and awesome on fuel.

I sleep much better in hotels then I do at home for some unknown reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz