Used prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We recently had this same conversation on another thread.. On BAT.. I thought it would go for about 26k, and it did. People will spend crazy money on a low mile car..

Of course its no different that dealers wanting crazy money for these with 300k miles or more..

I sold my Esky for 15k with 90k miles last year (maybe it was 2 years ago, cant remember). People here thought it would never sell.. Sold in like 2 days.

Yukon-Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
..... well, back in March of this year, we traded our Mocha 2012 Suburban LTZ w/85K on the clock for a silver
2019 Yukon Denali w/30k on its clock. Why? Strike when the poker's hot. They gave us $14K for our 'Bourban and we paid $40K difference. Four years ago the Denali stickered at $77K and it's in MINT condition...I mean absolutely clean. We felt that all was fair in this current marketplace. We're happy ... and that's all that matters to me. It is what it is...especially these days of an uncertain economy.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping for an 07-14 Yukon/Tahoe in the N.J. area for the past 6 months and the prices are ridiculous. Anything under 200,000 miles that's kind of clean and runs decent sits around the 15 thousand dollar range. Anything that's real clean around 100,000 miles is closer to 20 thousand! It's nuts. I ended up buying an 08 Yukon from deep in the heart of Philly that had no brakes, blown out air suspension, barely ran and more oil leaks that I could count. My wife was actually crying during the test drive. The body and interior was pretty clean so I figured I'd take a shot and try and fix it up myself. As you can see in my profile pic I had to tow it home. I was moving along pretty good getting things fixed until my Suburban got jealous of the attention I was giving it and blew a head gasket so now I'm tied up with that at the moment.
roughly about the same around here been waiting it out to replace the wifes 05 with something that I won't be struck in payments with for 10 years
but the ones around here have no rust, I can live with a 150k on a vehicle, she only drives around town so basic maintenance and she's good

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roughly about the same around here been waiting it out to replace the wifes 05 with something that I won't be struck in payments with for 10 years
but the ones around here have no rust, I can live with a 150k on a vehicle, she only drives around town so basic maintenance and she's good
You're lucky. The only reason I am looking to replace my 2010 as it is starting to get some Wisconsin rust after 13 years. Salt is a killer here and fixing it isn't as simple as just unbolting the old part and bolting on a new one. BTW, there is a 2016 Suburban listed by me. 180K miles, $30K.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're lucky. The only reason I am looking to replace my 2010 as it is starting to get some Wisconsin rust after 13 years. Salt is a killer here and fixing it isn't as simple as just unbolting the old part and bolting on a new one. BTW, there is a 2016 Suburban listed by me. 180K miles, $30K.
I'm trying to stay under 15k so I can pay it off fairly quickly 10% gets added automatically plus interest which I should get a half way decent rate but it has still gone up in the last couple years

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay under 15k so I can pay it off fairly quickly 10% gets added automatically plus interest which I should get a half way decent rate but it has still gone up in the last couple years
Around here that buys you a 2008-2014 with 150-250K miles. Although I did see a 2016 Suburban LT with 325K miles for that price....

Airman68

Reaction score
I got my 08 with 185k for 10k about a year ago, pretty clean but not pristine. I see these on CL coming down under 10K but miles are up there unless you dont care about that and I dont. 30k for a old used truck, can you say dope smoker...

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought my 2012 with 113,000 in Jan of 2021 for 16,000 from a dealer. Great condition, clean. Now has 162k. Now a 8 or 9 year old with those miles looks like 25k to 30k, so frustrating, people shopping those vehicles can’t afford them anymore. Then you have to buy something even older and can’t afford to fix the ****** things. I think it helps a little to vent.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only used in Wisconsin in the Winter...... LOL! No pics for a reason? Bet they gave the guy $9K on trade-in.
Interesting though that it was probably one of the first off the line in Janesville based on the initial sale date on carfax. Not to far from where I live. My guess is it was used by some farmer in Broadhead, WI. Hence the low miles, that were likely mostly 55 mph roads.

It will be interesting to see what the pics look like, but I agree the dealership is smoking Crack and will never get that money for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed