USB Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlaspina11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Tahoe LT and i want to upgrade my USB-A ports to USB-C especially the dual port that is right near the cupholder but eventually all of them. I have been Googling for the preplacement parts but not having much luck. I found an older thread on here with this discussed but it was never followed up

Has anyone done this? If so can you provide part numbers and links?

Here is the main one I want to replace image0 (1).jpeg

Thanks in advance

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Tahoe LT and i want to upgrade my USB-A ports to USB-C especially the dual port that is right near the cupholder but eventually all of them. I have been Googling for the preplacement parts but not having much luck. I found an older thread on here with this discussed but it was never followed up

Here is the main one I want to replace View attachment 412350

Thanks in advance
What is the need for USB c there? If it’s only to charge, then Amazon sells USB to USB c adapters.

OP
OP
jlaspina11

jlaspina11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the need is all the cords I have are usb-c. Not just for there i want to swap there and throughout the truck for my kids devices as well

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, the simplest remedy is to buy a number of USB-A to USB-C adapters and plug them into the existing USB-A sockets.

koachdaddy

Reaction score

Here is the main one I want to replace View attachment 412350

Thanks in advance
The thought processes used sometimes make me scratch my head. Here's a pair of USB ports mounted vertically and have a cover. Mine (Premier trim) has them mounted at a 45deg angle without a cover and right next to cupholders. My wife and I are pretty careful but...

Attachments

• USB ports.jpg
    USB ports.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
jlaspina11

jlaspina11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The thought processes used sometimes make me scratch my head. Here's a pair of USB ports mounted vertically and have a cover. Mine (Premier trim) has them mounted at a 45deg angle without a cover and right next to cupholders. My wife and I are pretty careful but...
I have the same setup on mine. I just ended up getting plug in converters off of Amazon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660