UQ3 Replacement Help!!! What adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
After searching on Google as well as the forum, I am majorly lost!

My factory UQ3 stereo for my 2002 Tahoe Z71 took a dump on me and need to know what harness/adapter I need. The Tahoe does have a Factory Subwoofer and On-star. I was told a basic GM Adapter for the 2002 will work then I was told I have to buy a interface to run everything my truck requires (Ie, On-star, Door Chime, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I currently have no tunes :(

If you can post a link as to where I can purchase one that would be best as well.

Thanks in advance for the help :Handshake:

Blackie

Reaction score
Are you ever in the Los Angeles area? I have my factory radio from my 2002 Tahoe which also has factory onstar and subwoofer. You can pick it up or Paypal me the shipping costs and its yours.

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Are you ever in the Los Angeles area? I have my factory radio from my 2002 Tahoe which also has factory onstar and subwoofer. You can pick it up or Paypal me the shipping costs and its yours.

Thanks for the offer! I am looking to do a DD Pioneer install so I am just holding out to find the right adapter for the factory harness :)

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went looking for a new hu, the installer told me I needed the gmos-04($100.00 cuz its an 03. He said if it was an 02, I could have used just like the basic one. Like from walmart($30). The scoche one has the interface for onstar and bose. I like the gmos-4 because it had the reverse, speed sense, & brake wires, so installing the new hu was a piece of cake. Got it of amazon for like 60.