Upper intake cleaning with SEAFOAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys,

My 2019 Suburban LT 4x4 just hit 71k miles,
Decided to do the SEAFOAM induction treatment to see what difference it would make.
The truck has been BB tuned and run on solely 91 Octane chevron (California fuel) since 6k miles (bought new with 6 miles) oil had always been mobile 1 or Valvoline full synthetic 5w-20.

Got everything setup took about 45 minutes total to do, took my time and cleaned my Voolant filter, MAF sensor and throttle body. Inserted the little angled hose throttled up
To 2k rpm and let rip for 8 minutes. I let sit for 20 minutes (ambient temp was 91 that day)
Took her for a hard test drive and smoke screened the whole neighborhood….
When all was said and done she idled smoother, started quicker, shifted better too. and after a week I saw an increase of about 1.0mpg in town. could be from sensor/filter cleaning but I do those every oil change.

But one thing I can’t explain is the exhaust note on my Corsa Sport changed once the cleaning was done. Deeper more crackly.
Otherwise $12.00 for what the dealer would charge out the a$$ for isn’t too bad.
23DFE850-1435-4384-AD49-C74D7A078AE0.jpeg35036324-44EB-4FBA-B5EB-9BDF5FBF46EB.jpeg

momofx

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do this - so you have someone hold it to 2k rpm and spray the whole can into the TB?

OP
OP
RB_Trucker

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to do this - so you have someone hold it to 2k rpm and spray the whole can into the TB?

Yes, I placed a vice on my gas pedal to keep
It at 2k rpm and the hose for the kit goes into the intake right before the throttle body butterfly and it says to spray it at a steady pace, I kinda pulsed it until it was all gone.