Upgrading to 1/0awg Wire from Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the guys who have done this what did you do with the small wire that is connected to the end of the wire terminal that goes to the PCM? I'm assuming just add a ring terminal and bolt it down on the battery terminal?

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the big 3 you don't need to replace wires. Just add the 1/0 on to the existing.

Battery + to alt +
Battery - to chassis
Engine block to chassis

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I plan on doing but if the wire was corroded I would need to do away with it.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quick question. I'm going to do this since I've got stereo upgrades in mind and have already upgraded to e-fans.

Should I use a sidepost extenders or would it be easier/better to leave the sideposts alone and use the top posts for the big 3 wires?

I'm leaning to using the top posts for this...no problems?

Cameron

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quick question. I'm going to do this since I've got stereo upgrades in mind and have already upgraded to e-fans.

Should I use a sidepost extenders or would it be easier/better to leave the sideposts alone and use the top posts for the big 3 wires?

I'm leaning to using the top posts for this...no problems?

Cameron

Personally, I leave the truck running off the sideposts, and run everything else of the top posts. I hate the sidepost extenders I used a pair in my blazer and they were a PITA and you have to like remove the first nut to remove all your extra wires then unbolt the rest to actually get it off the battery if you need to take the negative off.

IMG_1982.jpg

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool...after looking at a million threads last night I see that's the common way it's done.

I'll leave all the stock alone and just add on...

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts