Upgrading 4.2" to 8" screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medic955

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got a 2015 Tahoe LS PPV with a 4.2" navigation screen. I'm looking to upgrade it to the 8" screen and wondering if it's possible to add the hidden storage behind the motorized screen just like the standard LT and LTZs have. Does anyone know if this is possible and what parts I would need to purchase? I've been searching everywhere and can't find information on this modification.
Thanks,
Kyle

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Medic - welcome to the forums.

Do you have an IO3 or IO4 radio system?

To check, open your glove box and locate the silver sticker with a bunch of codes. Go through it until you find an IO3 or IO4 code. My IO3 code is located on the third row, third column.

IMG_1680.jpg

Hopefully you have an IO4 MyLink because it's a fairly straight forward upgrade. If you have an IO3 system, unfortunately, you don't have many options other than switching it out with an aftermarket radio. The brains, wiring, etc, of the IO3 system are completely different than the MyLink systems - it's not a simple swap out.

Have a look at this thread for more information on upgrading from an IO4 to a factory IO5 or IO6.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/4-2-to-8in-upgrade.74783/

If you're interested in upgrading to an aftermarket radio, check out this thread.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/aftermarket-radio-installation-2015-tahoe-ls-with-io3.76779/

OP
OP
Medic955

Medic955

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks John! It's in the shop today. I'll check tomorrow when I get it back. Hoping for the IO4!

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're quite welcome... and I too hope you have an IO4. You can see from my upgrade thread that it's quite a job to upgrade to an aftermarket... but it was SO worth it for me to get rid of that 4.2" IO3 garbage!! LOL Good luck!

OP
OP
Medic955

Medic955

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Of course it's IO3...oh well. I'll look at aftermarket and see what my options are. Thanks a lot!
-Kyle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown