Update on my Stabilitrak/Break System alert:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali:

I posted a couple weeks ago about getting the dreaded "stabilitrak" alert. When this came on, it also triggered 2 other warnings on my dash: "Traction Control Off", and "Service Brake System." All these warnings lit up on my dash.

After posting on here, it was recommended to use an ABS scanner as opposed to a regular one. After using an ABS scanner, the code came back as low brake fluid. Sure enough, my brake fluid was low and as a result it was triggering 3 different lights on my dash. After adding brake fluid, all 3 of the alerts turned off.

I just wanted to let everyone know, because it ended up being a real easy fix!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like great news but...

If you know why the fluid is low, then that is also, well, great news.

If you don’t know why the fluid was low, then, not so great news. :(

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be getting might close to needing new brake pads. You might also want to have a look at all the brake lines; those coming out of the master cylinder, the ABS pump, the junction over the rear axle and each corner to see if there is a slow leak.

OP
OP
Z

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like great news but...

If you know why the fluid is low, then that is also, well, great news.

If you don’t know why the fluid was low, then, not so great news. :(

It turns out the brake fluid was low because my rear brake pads are at about 20% and need to be replaced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons