Under-the-hood mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I'm surpised with all the hating on Flowmasters, Does anyone really think you can add tons of the HP with a simple catback? please all of these catback that we install are only for sound and looks. I said this a dozen time GM has spent tons of money researching and creating the best performance/fuel economy combo do you really think a $400+ exhuast system is going to out smart a room full of engineers? just my $.02

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surpised with all the hating on Flowmasters, Does anyone really think you can add tons of the HP with a simple catback? please all of these catback that we install are only for sound and looks. I said this a dozen time GM has spent tons of money researching and creating the best performance/fuel economy combo do you really think a $400+ exhuast system is going to out smart a room full of engineers? just my $.02
I don't think we're debating the quality or performance of Flowmasters vs. other cat-backs. Obviously, one cat-back compared to the other may show slight improvements, but nothing significant enough to affect a daily driven, 5,500 lb truck...

I just think the sound of Flowmasters is completely nasty....and not to speak for everyone else, but I believe that's what they were referring to, as well. I had Flows on my '69 Mustang and hated them so I replaced with Dynomax turbo mufflers and couldn't be happier. I have a friend with Flows on his '04 Tahoe and it sounds terrible. Loud--yes, "good"--hell no. I don't want to be the obnoxious redneck that annoys all the neighbors...I want to have a truck that will sound good and get attention if I stomp on it, but has great manners when I drive like a grandma...

millercreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the exhaust note sound subject, does a cat back system sound funky when it goes into V4 mode? It's weird to me when the system kicks in, it feels like it starts missing. Just wondering if it sounds like that too.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
...I want to have a truck that will sound good and get attention if I stomp on it, but has great manners when I drive like a grandma...

YOu should try a 50 series flowmaster then! thats what I got same thing as you I wanted something that'll catch the attention but also have highway matters. Flowmaster VS _________ is like coke VS pepsi can you really tell the difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz