Under Hood Storage Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msark

Reaction score
I had a 96 Suburban before the 97 Tahoe and there was a factory installed plastic storage box attached to the battery tray on the driver side of the engine compartment. I imagine this was to use the space if a second battery was not installed. Does anyone have one of these they have removed I could buy or know where I might get one??

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that is listed for sale in the classified section. Its in good shape, just removed it for more space for battery and relays. PM me if you're interested in it

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have one for sale. It's got a few holes in it from some wiring that was stuffed in there, but generally in good shape. PM me if you don't have luck elsewhere and I can send a few pics.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you get the box out of the battery tray? tried popping mine out but felt as if i was going to break it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is not actually attached to the battery tray it is attached to several support brackets that can be changed to accommodate a battery tray. it is all bolted together.

Pro comp here is a picture on what hardware to go after:

960423TC08-015.gif

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah i was about to break it... haha thanks for the diagram! have to mess with it again when its running right again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12