Uncontrollable wipers 99 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodse

Reaction score
I've had a progressive condition with the wipers for two years. It was the worst yesterday and I smelled burning wire? The column mount control loses control of the wipers. They stay on. The issue comes and goes. I've soldered the circuit board contact in the console for the interior controls which also solved the window controls. Any recommendations?

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had some weird stuff happen when my wiper motor went out. I was left with full speed or nothing. Replaced it and has been smooth going ever since

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my 97 tahoe it was either full speed or no most of the time. a few times they wouldn't shutoff for almost a minute. the worst was when i actually needed then they wouldn't work. middle of a downpour id have to grab the wiper arm and help it along and hope it stayed going. i replaced the whole motor assembly under the hood and haven't had a problem since and that was a while ago.

Wedge

Reaction score
Have you replaced the pulse board? 99% of the problems with these are the pulse board going out.

Dorman 88136 or 906-136

Good luck

Sean James

Reaction score
Yup, that dog-gone wiper pulse board, I've replaced 3 of them things in the last decade. AFTER I had jerry-rigged two vehicles by splicing wires under the hood. I didn't even know that Dorman sold the pulse boards until one day I was window shopping at an Auto-zone, and I said "What the heck? a GM pulse board?" So I bought one, undid my hillbilly wiring job, and was happy again.

I even resorted to just pulling the arms completely off of one truck and letting the darn thing run for a few months, UNTIL IT RAINED again. Then I had to grab the wiper arms from under the seat, re-attach them to the wiper splines, and take them off again when it stopped raining. You might be a redneck when....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts