How to Replace Turn Signal Flasher on 2007 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my incandescent turn signal lights to LED, and I now have hyperflash. I do not want to go the resistor route to eliminate hyperflash, and I would rather replace the turn signal flasher with an LED-compatible flasher, if possible. I've searched the web to find the location of the flasher, and I have come up with virtually nothing for this 2007 model (Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban). I did see a few posts that stated that GM eliminated the separate flasher unit and incorporated it into the body control module. I scoured the left side around the steering column and fuse box, and also the right side behind the glove box, and I could not find a flasher. When I turn on the turn signals, I hear the clicking sound, and it seems to be coming from directly behind the front-center console heating controls. I'm hesitant to try digging into the front-center console housing, as access to it is not obvious, unless I receive verification from someone in the know that (1) a separate flasher still exists for this 2007 model, and (2) that the flasher is actually located in the front-center console area. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no flasher module, it's programmed into the bcm, you would need to either add the resistor's or pull the bcm and have the hyperflash programmed out by a 3rd party vendor, there are options on ebay for plug-n-play resistor kits

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my incandescent turn signal lights to LED, and I now have hyperflash. I do not want to go the resistor route to eliminate hyperflash, and I would rather replace the turn signal flasher with an LED-compatible flasher, if possible. I've searched the web to find the location of the flasher, and I have come up with virtually nothing for this 2007 model (Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban). I did see a few posts that stated that GM eliminated the separate flasher unit and incorporated it into the body control module. I scoured the left side around the steering column and fuse box, and also the right side behind the glove box, and I could not find a flasher. When I turn on the turn signals, I hear the clicking sound, and it seems to be coming from directly behind the front-center console heating controls. I'm hesitant to try digging into the front-center console housing, as access to it is not obvious, unless I receive verification from someone in the know that (1) a separate flasher still exists for this 2007 model, and (2) that the flasher is actually located in the front-center console area. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your quick replies and explanations, and suggestions, Guys. Very much appreciated. I'll proceed accordingly. Thanks again.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy