Uh, what is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled up my carpet and saw this with water all around it. Is this the sunroof drain line?

20191227_142511.jpg

3Dog

Reaction score
It's not a drain. It runs underneath along the frame rail, and snakes under the fuel tank (past the transmission). I haven't traced it to its terminal point. I'd be curious as well. @Tonyrodz if that is the shifter cable, I would expect it to run to the transmission rather than past it?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's not a drain. It runs underneath along the frame rail, and snakes under the fuel tank (past the transmission). I haven't traced it to its terminal point. I'd be curious as well. @Tonyrodz if that is the shifter cable, I would expect it to run to the transmission rather than past it?
That does make sense. Pretty sure its the shifter cable. He could always keep his foot on the brake and put it in gear-- back to neutral then back into gear. Of course the vehicle will have to be off--and see if he hears or feels clicking coming from it. If he does then it's the shifter cable.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does it attach to under the dash?

Do as Tony suggested and cycle the gear selector. If you get nothing, maybe engage and disengage the E-brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts