Two New Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wamba the fool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About a month ago I picked up a 2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 and was so happy with it that this past week I purchased a 2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT (148,000 miles).

However, the headlight lenses are quite foggy and I'm looking for recommendations to replace the headlight, the bumper light, and the fog light housings. I would like to be able to run LED bulbs in these housings.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wamba the fool

wamba the fool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the 2004 Suburban 2500 LT with 148K miles. It's in like new condition, both inside and out.

IMG_3518.jpeg

Here is the 2005 Yukon XL with 280K miles. It was previously owned by a friend who used it as a mobile office. He is the most recent owner with the last 200K miles documented with regular maintenance and repairs.

IMG_3516.jpeg

So, I guess I'm part of the cool kid crowd now? :cool:

Last edited:

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have direct replacement LEDs in my Denali. They plug and play with the factory connector and twist right into the socket. Had them for almost 3 years now with no issues. Highly recommend.

As far as the foggy lenses, you can sand and polish them to get rid of the damaged layer, or pickup an aftermarket set off of eBay or Amazon for dirt cheap. Spray them with headlight UV protectant before you install to keep them in good condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts