Two key fobs in vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While traveling I keep two key fobs with me just in case I lose one. My onboard GPS won’t work and Waze GPS won’t work. If only on key fob in car both GPS apps work without issue. Called GM and they don’t have a clue. Anyone? Also when I start my vehicle either an AM or FM channel will play for about 3 seconds even though I never listen to either band AND my column setting has been set to zero. Again GM doesn’t have a clue. Anyone?

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the battery out of the Fob you don't use.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is indeed strange. When we travel together, she keeps the spare key in her purse and everything works as advertised. The only minor issue is if I get out of the truck for any reason, it honks the horn to let me know there's still a key FOB inside.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Somethings fishy. My 2nd fob stays in my wife's purse permanently. #1 fob always takes dominance when both are in the vehicle, and yes it honks if I get out and she doesn't. That's how its supposed to work. Something is wacky in your infotainment system. Don't let the dealer off the hook....

OP
OP
Z

Zoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. Apparently my 2021 Tahoe needed over 100 updates to the infotainment system. Faraday bag no longer necessary