Turn off horn when key leaves the car??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats great- where did you hear this info?Don't know about 2016 but there is no option to turn this off on my 2017 Yukon Denali - 2018 is unknown.

I should clarify my earlier comment. I have (had) a 2015 Yukon slt XL. It had no option. I have a 2016 SLT XL and it does have the option. I drove a 2017 Suburban as a rental a few weeks ago and it had the option. Perhaps Denali software is different. Or even different software within model years.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just not finding the right menu sequence. Where did you find it and what's it called. I'll search again. Thanks.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just not finding the right menu sequence. Where did you find it and what's it called. I'll search again. Thanks.
14222943829aa4e750d60bd1b357b97e.jpg
2a13b5c59169a661937965b27be3dd7a.jpg

It's in your radio settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know if the menus are in my Yukon. I thought though the question was how to turn off the horn alert when you exit the car with the engine running and the key fob is in your pocket. Does this option turn that off? See the first post in this thread.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to the issue from original post where the horn sounds when he exits his vehicle with key in his pocket...is this only with Yukons? I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ and this hasn't happened to me. However, when I leave my key in the vehicle, then exit and close the door, the horn beeps twice.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2017 Yukon Denali if I exit the car with engine running and key fob in my pocket I get the quick double beep alert. I'm still working on the settings for leaving key fob in the car. BTW I have remote keyless entry option.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know if the menus are in my Yukon. I thought though the question was how to turn off the horn alert when you exit the car with the engine running and the key fob is in your pocket. Does this option turn that off? See the first post in this thread.
Oh, I misunderstood then. The Tahoe doesn't beep if the car is running and keys are in your pocket. Only if you leave the keys in the vehicle while it's running.

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh, I misunderstood then. The Tahoe doesn't beep if the car is running and keys are in your pocket. Only if you leave the keys in the vehicle while it's running.

Agreed. The honking has two sources.

1. When you leave the vehicle while it is running...with the fob in hand (not in the car). It does not honk on my 2016 XLT XL or 2017 Suburban. It did honk on my 2015 XLT XL and happened on my 2014 Cadillac ATS. I don't remember if there was a setting for this issue, but I will check tonight. I believe the behavior of the car is just changed with no setting to support the change. Again, different GM cars may Implement this on different model years and different software versions may adjust this within a single model year. I do not have a denali to check this.

2. When you leave the car with the engine off and the key fob is left in the car. It will honk depending on the setting. The car may get confused if you have two fobs. One that left the car with you and one that stayed in the car. The screen shots address this concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe