Turbo diesel for the Denali!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
Tahoe High Country also only comes with the 6.2. Most likely won't be able to order the Duramax until Nov even though the GM rep was indicating around Oct 1st. Wold be nice if there's not an up charge for the Duramax when the 6.2 is the other option.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe High Country also only comes with the 6.2. Most likely won't be able to order the Duramax until Nov even though the GM rep was indicating around Oct 1st. Wold be nice if there's not an up charge for the Duramax when the 6.2 is the other option.

My gut tells me there won't be much if any of an up charge for the diesel on the High Country or Denali. The folks wanting the diesel on the lower trims--------- Hold on to your butts :) LOL :eek:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount of that upcharge could put the Escalade in play as a its no charge option on it....

Also has any one posted a question on the Sierra/Silverado forums as to their experience has been with the LM2 and how they think it would be in the Tahoe/Yukon ?

Last edited:

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The amount of that upcharge could put the Escalade in play as a its no charge option on it....

Also has any one posted a question on the Sierra/Silverado forums as to their experience has been with the LM2 and how they think it would be in the Tahoe/Yukon ?

I actually drive and own a LM2 in a SIlverado. Im using the 3.0 in the truck to see how it works for me. Didnt want a first yr model gremlins. Ive put 7000+ miles on the truck since June. The truck loves rural driving in regards to fuel mileage. My rural driving most tanks are 30+mpg. I was commuting 250miles a day for a month(rural driving). 4300+ miles calculated Fuel mileage was 35.4mpg. best tank was calculated 36.7mpg. 800+ mile tanks Now this is not the norm at all but what they are capable of. Regens happen on average 240 miles. Def use over 7000 miles 5 gallons. Combo drives great. Engine has gotten more diesel sounding since new I haven't had a trips back to the dealer. But to be upfront truck does have a random torque converter shudder.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually drive and own a LM2 in a SIlverado. Im using the 3.0 in the truck to see how it works for me. Didnt want a first yr model gremlins. Ive put 7000+ miles on the truck since June. The truck loves rural driving in regards to fuel mileage. My rural driving most tanks are 30+mpg. I was commuting 250miles a day for a month(rural driving). 4300+ miles calculated Fuel mileage was 35.4mpg. best tank was calculated 36.7mpg. 800+ mile tanks Now this is not the norm at all but what they are capable of. Regens happen on average 240 miles. Def use over 7000 miles 5 gallons. Combo drives great. Engine has gotten more diesel sounding since new I haven't had a trips back to the dealer. But to be upfront truck does have a random torque converter shudder.

That’s encouraging to hear. Personally the LM2 in a Denali or an Escalade, to me is a game changer, for large SUV’s. I loathe premium fuel and 14 mpg and won’t buy one unless it’s a diesel. I want range...
I just want someone credible with past LM2 experience to say “Its been great for the last year, don’t hesitate to buy it!” And also that it’s not underpowered....We shall see...

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steve I don't have enough time with the engine to say go buy it. Need some cold weather which is rapidly approaching. I did buy it for the fuel mileage compared to the 6.2 I wanted and it gets Double than the 13 PPV it replaces(my MPG Numbers are not normal). Combo does drive great. Oil changes are less money than the 5.3/6.2!!!! Different than the 5.3 Tahoe. The power delivery is typical diesel but its not 6.2 quick. Motor does makes more diesel noise with some miles. The PU has a 24 gallon fuel tank. I towed a 5 k aprox car trailer and got 20mpg. From forums I frequent. It drinks DEF alot when towing at max trailer weights(9300lbs 4wd) and high speeds. Guys post towing at MAX GVW/80mph/mountains!!AHHAHAHA and ***** when it uses 5 gals of DEF in two tanks of fuel. I have more gripes with the rear suspension(Soft sprung/headlights(crap light output for rural driving LED) but that a GM thing not a LM2 thing. But like I said above I would of bought a 3.0 Tahoe/Yukon. But dont want the first yr gremlins the new body style. As it sits right now I'm still planning on 2022 Tahoe/Yukon with the 3.0!!!!! Any questions

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 Diesels for 3-6 and 16 years, (Jaguar, JEEP, Ram Cummins..) I've been thru 1st year pains, but my 6 year old JEEP GC is getting long in the tooth and over 100K. Waited long enough for the new JGC that just never shows up. Right now my Money is on a Denali if no Diesel upcharge or a lower grade Escalade of there is a 3K+ upcharge on GMC. My jeep had teething pains too the 1st year but settled in to be 30 MPG 600+ mile per tank comfortable vehicle. Had some quirks but overall has been great. I think I can survive a 1st year Denali or Esky, my dealers are close and and I have a 3rd vehicle if I need it in a pinch. I just have to wrap my mind around spending 83+K on any vehicle. In all reality I COULD drop 48K on a loaded Telluride, still get 95% of the features, seat the same amount of people, and keep 30+K in my pocket.

malba2366

Reaction score
My gut tells me there won't be much if any of an up charge for the diesel on the High Country or Denali. The folks wanting the diesel on the lower trims--------- Hold on to your butts :) LOL :eek:

I think they have already announced that the Diesel will be the same price as the 6.2...so no cost option for the Denali/Escalade and the upgrade price from the 5.3 should be the same as the price to upgrade to the 6.2 ($2495 on the pickups so should be close on the SUVs).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99TahoeTruckster