tuning ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i already have an EFIlive autocal i used to tune my diesel. id like to get tuning for the yukon as well. i dont want anything crazy just shut off the AFM and mild power but mostly mpgs out of the tune whats the price and the process for this?

thanks
john

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What year is your Yukon? Unfortunately that AutoCal is locked to your diesel tuners V2, who is your tuner?

OP
OP
Jaylat93

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year is your Yukon? Unfortunately that AutoCal is locked to your diesel tuners V2, who is your tuner?

I don't believe it's locked my tuner is "Idaho" rob Coddens. I can run anybody's tune. My tunes are my even locked. The v2 has another vin license as well oh and the Yukon is an '08

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The AutoCal itself is locked to Idaho Rob (his V2). No other tuner can use that AutoCal, but doesn't mean that the tune is locked. Confusing I know.

Is your Yukon a Denali? Or does it have the 5.3L?

OP
OP
Jaylat93

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Very confusing so I can't pull the stock tune off of the Yukon and have that modded I'm so lost

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can use the AutoCal to datalog the Yukon, but you can't use the AutoCal to flash tunes, unless Idaho Rob does them.

We have three tune options for you, our Traditional tune, our Scan Cable tune and the AutoCal. Pricing is as follows:

Traditional Tune - Complete an order form with pertinent details and we ship out a set of computers to you.
Tune service: $200
ECM core charge: $160
TCM core charge: $60

Scan Cable Tune - With the security deposit, we send out a data logger, to be used with a Windows based Laptop to collect data. Then, using that data and an order form that you complete, we complete and ship the set of computers out to you to be installed.
Tune service: $300
ECM core charge: $160
TCM core charge: $60
Scan cable security deposit: $400

AutoCal - All tuning is completed by email with this option. The AutoCal is used to collect data from the truck, much like the scan cable tune, without needing a laptop, and all tuning is completed based on that data. The end result is emailed to you to be installed using the OBD2 port under the dash. Details and ordering can be found at http://www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal.asp
Hardware and Tune: $549

Since you have the AutoCal, we could do the scan cable route, and negate the scan cable deposit. You can use the AutoCal do perform the datalogging.

OP
OP
Jaylat93

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with the traditional tune i wouldnt have to do a crank relearn would i i noticed you had said to a few ppl they would have to

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will have to perform the crank relearn whenever you swap different computers in, but you can so the relearn with the AutoCal.

OP
OP
Jaylat93

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so i talked to my tumer today. i had my stories mixed up apparently i have a v2 not an autocal do you work with them?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, we can do an email tune using your V2. Do you have a license available for your Yukon or will you need to buy one?

You will be able to use the V2 to datalog and flash to your Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076