Tune-Up Items for a 2000 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirhcdeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up y'all!

Hey this is my first post ever! I have a 2000 GMC Yukon (new body style), and my wife is the primary driver. Typically she handles "her" car/truck and I take care of mine.

The rig has about 140,000 miles, and it's due for a tune up (not sure when the last one was). I'm looking for input on EVERYTHING I should consider for a tune-up. I have access to many tools and a service pit, so I have quite a bit of resources to take on certain tasks.

What things should I consider?

Thanks for any input!

Chris

dcwhybrew

Reaction score
What's up y'all!

Hey this is my first post ever! I have a 2000 GMC Yukon (new body style), and my wife is the primary driver. Typically she handles "her" car/truck and I take care of mine.

The rig has about 140,000 miles, and it's due for a tune up (not sure when the last one was). I'm looking for input on EVERYTHING I should consider for a tune-up. I have access to many tools and a service pit, so I have quite a bit of resources to take on certain tasks.

What things should I consider?

Thanks for any input!

Chris

Do you have your owners manual? It should list everything that's needed at that mileage.

mattvand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil and filter change
Transmission fluid and filter
Transfer case fluid check/fill/change
Rear differential fluid change
Fuel filter
Plugs and wires
Clean MAF and throttle body
Seafoam
Check brake fluid or just flush and replace
Check brake pads and rotors (rears seem to wear out quicker than fronts on the NBS trucks)
Check and lube front end components
Check serp and AC belt
Check power steering fluid
Check coolant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts