Tune question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So assume all the newer trucks in this sub have the little trailer button on the end of there shifters right?

Why can’t someone modify that for tuning that way you can turn it on and off without having to perma tune the regular tune….

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So assume all the newer trucks in this sub have the little trailer button on the end of there shifters right?

Why can’t someone modify that for tuning that way you can turn it on and off without having to perma tune the regular tune….

I don't know if the Tow/Haul mode allows modification of all the parameters as when not in T/H mode. But, I know it's common for people that don't really tow or haul to make that more of a "sport" or "haul ass" mode. I suppose if most of your tune gains are in the trans tuning, then they could be applied to the T/H mode only. If you do a lot of highway driving and don't need the acceleration for city driving, you could make your regular tune a castrated "economy" tune.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if you have the 6l80 or later then blackbear states no, because the transmission is just too complex, the older 4 speeds could be done that way.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the 6l80 or later then blackbear states no, because the transmission is just too complex, the older 4 speeds could be done that way.
Nope 6 speed 5.3L
Guess I’ll just leave it how is and save up for a 6.2 Tahoe in the future

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope 6 speed 5.3L
Guess I’ll just leave it how is and save up for a 6.2 Tahoe in the future
you can get a tune for it, you just won't have any "extra" feature by pressing the tow button, I have mine tuned makes a big difference

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer is yes. Buuuut... I found out the hard way that on 2017s and above it's two separate tunes, tune credits etc. All which equate to a tune cost upwards of $1500.00 honestly, I ended up losilng track. The ECM (Engine Control Module) gets a tune. The TCM (Transmission Control Module) gets one too but before that happens you have to either purchase a new one or send yours to HP Tuners or equivalent to get unlocked. If you buy a new TCM, which I did, you have to pay ~ 175.00 to get it programmed to your VIN 1st then send it out to get unlocked then you are ready to get that tune. I don't tow with the High Country. Matter-of-fact rarely with the dually either cause I keep busy with work. LOL

In any case, I had my TCM tune in such a manner that the "Tow" button is a little more aggresive performance tune. Very, very nice. Depends on the tuner and what his capabilities are I guess.

Attachments

• 20221015_142527.jpg
    20221015_142527.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts