Trying to hide a subwoofer in a two door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
i was just wanting to see it since theres not a spare tire hole per say on a 2 door. you pull the metal frame it bolts to out and it looks the same as the other side.

anyone ever crammed some 10's under the back seat of a 2-door? if there was a way to get 4 of them under there i may have to try that down the road when the cash flow is not dried up with other problems.

I want to try and cram two twelves or tens under the back bench seat in mine, but it will be a pain in the ass. I dont know how small of a box i can make before it will sound like shit etc etc. I got two big Rockfords.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this was for the 2-doors. neither of these will fit, 4-doors only.

12's won't fit under the seat unless you point them up or down toward the floor, and even then they will probably stick out from under the seat. 10's.... maybe. if you took the seat out, build the box, and then fasten the seat to the box instead of using those legs that are factory, you could put a decent size box under there.

Last edited:

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has that stealth box its on the right side though not on the left where my spare is. Mine came like that so i woudnt be able to tell you how its connected, but i sure as hell love it. hella space. im even thinking of taking out the spare tire and getting the other side done.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the Forum - been lurking for a few weeks (months?), and thought I'd share a bit of info.....

I've got a '96 Tahoe, 4 door version. I work for myself as a general contractor, couldn't afford to give ANY room in the hatch area - as a matter of fact, my back seats are usually down, I need all the room to haul my tools with me.

Still, I managed to fit (3) amplifiers, a pair of 10's, AND (2) 15's in mine, without sacrificing the ability to carry sheetrock and plywood.

First, I removed the center console, sold it on E-bay.

Second, I fabbed an amp rack to fit between the front seats, AFTER making 2" brackets to slide the seats further back, and to space them apart a bit towards the doors. Wound up with about 14" between the seats.

Third, made a center console closely following the angle of the dash, leaving enough room to reach the power plug/lighter (gotta be able to recharge the cell phone). Did a couple of 4" port tubes on top, sealed them off on the bottom - they easily fit a 44oz soda from 7-11. Also did a recess in the top for a storage compartment, I keep my CD's and paperwork in there. I laid a 2x4 across from one door armrest to the other, figured the dimensions would be right for the height of the center console. All said and done, I've got about 2.25 cu ft of internal airspace to work with.

I've got (2) Powerbass 10's in the console, firing down at the amp rack, with approximately 1" of clearance between the bottom stroke of the subs and the amps. For the amps, I've got a mono Lightning Audio amp pushing the subs, and two Kenwood amps, a 4-channel pushing the fronts and rears, and a smaller mono amp pushing the 10's. Also have a 1 farad cap mounted on the rack, with a distribution block and running 4ga to the battery. I eventually may step up to 1/0, but it's been fine for a year now.

What's that? What's the LA amp pushing? That was my biggest pain, as I wanted to use my two Celestion AD15-H subs. I cut out the inner fenderwell on both sides in the cargo area, used multiple layers of fiberglass to reinforce the exterior panel, and made enclosures of approximately 2.4 cu ft gross airspace, with the subs and ports firing in towards the cargo area. With sub and port displacement, I've got just a shade over 2.0 cubes, perfect for the old-school Celestions - they've only got 1/4" of excursion, but are tight as hell for 15's.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a few I just snapped with my cell phone - sorry about the quality of some, it's 7AM here in NY, the sun is just coming up.

0906090655.gif

0906090655a.gif

0906090656.gif

0906090657.jpg

0906090659.gif

0906090659a.gif

0906090700.jpg

0906090701.gif

0906090703.gif

0906090703a.gif

0906090703b.gif

0906090705.gif

As you can see from the second to last pic, I've still got the full width from wheelwell to wheelwell to be able to slide sheetrock and plywood in, and have 49 1/2" from the plywood cover to plywood cover in case I need to jam bags of insulation in. The covers over the subs are 3/8" plywood, with about 30 1" holes bored through, and carpeted over. While not completely stealth, it's not easily seen through the factory tinted windows. Nobody knows I have anything at all, except for a big center console, can't see the subs or the amps, just the not-so-expensive JVC deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz