Trying to decide which lowering route to go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I just picked up an 04 Escalade AWD with autoride. I'm trying to decide whether to just put some drop coils in the rear to level it out, or go with the 2-3/3-4 spindle kit from NorcalSS. I've never installed spindles before so i'm not sure the difficulty level. Does anyone have any pics of just the rear drop coils installed?

I'm not against autoride, but i'm ok with disabling it and putting new shocks all the way around either. The truck has 169k miles on it, but it still rides pretty decent. I have 305/40/22 tires on right now with no rubbing so i'm thinking about going to 305/45/22 when i need new ones.

Thanks guys.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I just picked up an 04 Escalade AWD with autoride. I'm trying to decide whether to just put some drop coils in the rear to level it out, or go with the 2-3/3-4 spindle kit from NorcalSS. I've never installed spindles before so i'm not sure the difficulty level. Does anyone have any pics of just the rear drop coils installed?

I'm not against autoride, but i'm ok with disabling it and putting new shocks all the way around either. The truck has 169k miles on it, but it still rides pretty decent. I have 305/40/22 tires on right now with no rubbing so i'm thinking about going to 305/45/22 when i need new ones.

Thanks guys.

What did you decide? I’m debating the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did Belltech spindles but had a shop install them and align it at the same time. It can be a ***** to do and you still need to get it aligned.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna go with NorCal 2/3 spindle kit and new shocks. Just got a few other things to take care of first before i pull the trigger.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the spindle kit. Install wasn't bad. Then again to make my life easy I bought new timken wheel hubs and installed those with the new spindles. That way I didn't have to fight to take the old ones that were probably shot anways.

I would think the truck would look super dumb with just drop springs in the rear and nothing up front.

I say go with the spindle kit. It's worth the looks and rides great

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the spindle kit. Install wasn't bad. Then again to make my life easy I bought new timken wheel hubs and installed those with the new spindles. That way I didn't have to fight to take the old ones that were probably shot anways.

I would think the truck would look super dumb with just drop springs in the rear and nothing up front.

I say go with the spindle kit. It's worth the looks and rides great

If you do a 2” lowering spring in the rear the truck will sit level might have to adjust the front keys a hair, anymore then a 2” drop in the rear will look stupid for sure if you don’t do anything up front

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a 2” lowering spring in the rear the truck will sit level might have to adjust the front keys a hair, anymore then a 2” drop in the rear will look stupid for sure if you don’t do anything up front

I like the way the 2/3 looks on my truck. I think it would look off. I have the 2" drop spindles up front and 4" springs in the rear with the 1" spacer till I can get the free travel mod done

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way the 2/3 looks on my truck. I think it would look off. I have the 2" drop spindles up front and 4" springs in the rear with the 1" spacer till I can get the free travel mod done

A 2/3 drop looks good a 2/4 drop is the perfect stance imo any lower isn’t the best for a DD, all I was saying was you could do a 2” lowering spring in the rear and it would sit pretty much level any more in the back you’ll need spindles up front to make it look good

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2/3 drop looks good a 2/4 drop is the perfect stance imo any lower isn’t the best for a DD, all I was saying was you could do a 2” lowering spring in the rear and it would sit pretty much level any more in the back you’ll need spindles up front to make it look good

I hear ya I'm super happy with 2/3 but I think itll look better at 2/4

MaleHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not sure my autoride is working right but it is a comfortable ride so I don't want to mess with it yet. I have been looking at coilovers to do a 2/3 drop when I have the money to get the stance right. Until then I will be pulling dents and trying to find an oil leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans