True dual exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not say that cat back isn't good but I'd really recommend pricing a custom made system from a local exhaust shop. I bought countless cat back systems over the years for my cars and trucks. When I was looking for a system for my Esky I stopped by a local muffler shop and ended up having him build me a true 2.5 dual setup with magnaflows. All stainless, new hangers ect. from the cats back. Installed, fully welded and lifetime guarantee for $225. That's including the mufflers. I couldn't have done it cheaper if tried. I personally will never buy another over the counter system again. A good muffler shop can save you a ton of time and a ton of money. The piece of mind knowing that if it develops a leak, breaks a hanger ect. all I have to do is bring it back and have it fixed for FREE. Saving a few hundred bucks over a cookie cutter system is just a bonus. Just a tip if you decide to go this route. Go to a shop that specializes in exhausts/mufflers. A chain store like Midas, Monroe ect. will most likely either try to force sell a piece of junk factory style setup, turn you away or **** you with the price. A mom and pop type shop is what you'll have the best luck with.

Are you sure it was stainless? You can't even buy the material to do an exhaust in stainless for that, let alone mufflers. A single stainless muffler is in the $80-$100 range. Aluminized pipe is way cheaper, and what 95% of exhaust shops use.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Unless you have some serious power with tuning that needs to get pushed out in a hurry then there is no need for true duals on anything 95'ish and up. The computers are programmed with a curtain back pressure from the exhaust and if you mess with it too much it will hinder you vehicles performance more than help it. High flow cats are a possibility, some people sware by them and others say they make no difference. Other than that the size of the pipe from headers to exhaust tip are the things most people on every day drivers look for. Bigger pipes means lower grown louder tone. All the cat back systems are perfect for any set up and with most of the companies moving toward mandrel bent pipes the performance and sound are starting to improve even with adding a simple cat back system. Granted the lowers cat back system I have seen online is around 300 for a non stainless steel system and up to 900 for a full polished stainless steel system.

I always like going for local shops if you want to save money and get basically the same set up as a mass produced cat back system. Most of the time even if you do not go with mandrel bent pipe which most shops do not have the machine for, you will still get a damn good system which would cost you a fraction of the high end cat back systems. And you also support your local shops in your town, which is always a plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed