Truck off and key out and dash is still lit up and radio is still on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck off and key out and dash is still lit up and radio is still on AFTER door open

hey there. i have an 04 denali and this morning when i got to work and turned the truck off and took the key out and went to get out of truck the radio turned off and on and has stayed on along with the dash cluster lights. i have gone back out 3 times in the last 1.5 hours to start up and turn off and it still will not turn off. im going to disconnect my battery so it doesnt get drained and until the wonderful TYF world can help me out. thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gear indicator and battery light stays on, not the whole cluster if that makes a difference....also last week for 1/2 a day when I would turn on the left blinker the hazards would flash, right blinker would be normal but that issue just went away. could they be related?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stereo and windows will work for 20min after I turn the key off. the radio will shut off as soon as you open the door. they are made that way.

OP
OP
M

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I know. this still happens after the door has been opened...opened and closed over hours and doesn't go out. ive disconnected the battery and reconnected and its okay until I start and turn off truck again

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced this when I was doing my stereo install and had the driver side door panel off and switches disconnected. Not sure what the logic is behind this, but you may want to pull the panel off and check for loose connections as a starting point while you wait for others to chime in.

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this happen with my wife's Enclave. They replaced the door latch catch on the driver's door, I think.

OP
OP
M

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp i figured it out... my rear wiper works when it wants. it was currently stuck in a 10 oclock position. well i disconnected the battery for a few hours and went back out to hook it up and see if anything happendd. started the truck and turned it off and still the same thing. so as my wife is sitting in the driver seat and im just standing and staring at the dash i notice the switch for the rear wiper is in the on position...i turn it off and all if fixed. fired the truck on and off a couple times and it no more problem.

i wen to show/explain how i would have to take the rear hatch panel apart to fix the wiper and when the wife opened the hatch, the wiper went back down to the off position. 2/2 this evening. thanks for the help and input

Jdeshler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange fix.. Iv heard of a bad ground cable on the back of the motor causing similar symptoms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700