tru-cool install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a tru-cool 40k does anyone have install instructions. No phone number or website to find out. trying to find out if the cooler has a flow if your looking at it. Is the input left or right or it doesnt matter?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a tru-cool 40k does anyone have install instructions. No phone number or website to find out. trying to find out if the cooler has a flow if your looking at it. Is the input left or right or it doesnt matter?
What are you installing it into? Model and year would be most helpful.

I installed one in both my 2012 and 2007 Yukon XL Denali's. Here's how:

But when towing my camper I regretted it because it blocked too much airflow through the radiator, resulting in high coolant temps when towing:

In the end, I installed a Derale 13960 below the bumper and behind the secondary grille on my 2012, and mounted it like this:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bstrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you installing it into? Model and year would be most helpful.

I installed one in both my 2012 and 2007 Yukon XL Denali's. Here's how:

But when towing my camper I regretted it because it blocked too much airflow through the radiator, resulting in high coolant temps when towing:

In the end, I installed a Derale 13960 below the bumper and behind the secondary grille on my 2012, and mounted it like this:
sorry 2011 tahoe LTZ just wondering if it matters which way the fluid enters the cooler via right side or left. Company told me it didnt matter but he wasnt too sure,

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I actually mounted mine with the ports facing up so I could bleed as much air out the system when installing it also gave me a good line to run under the radiator support and through the passenger side
FFD3E092-7CD2-4680-A8E9-A77CD592172D.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
SWEET JOB!
Ain’t to shabby for some redneck ingenuity! Only thing I diddnt like is I couldn’t get the driver side hose bent over enough to run under the support where it was out of sight. I also diddnt want any chaffing if they rubbed against the hood latch.
I drilled a couple holes and ran it across in front of the hood hinge but this was the only way I could do it with a straight shot and no kinks in the hose. My Tahoe diddnt originally come with a transmission cooler so I had to make a T fitting of sorts to tie it all together. So far no leaks and transmission temps went from 200+ to 165-175 once she’s warmed up good
96C43396-F556-4D7B-AE0D-52C47EBCD069.jpeg
Ain’t the prettiest but it gets the job done. Someone asked About the clamps being able to hold the pressure or not but so far I’ve ran the immortal dog shit out of mine here lately on the highway and shift points are over 6,000 rpm wide open throttle and again no leaks thus far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo