Tried peanut butter on bumper step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custom99

Reaction score
My steps and the rear bumper steps looks terrible on the trucks. I tried the peanut butter trick on the rear bumper step. So far it worked out great. It was easy to apply and wipe down and it really changed the finish. It has seen about a week and a half of salt and 3 car washes and it still looks like the day I put it on. I only did the rear bumper since it was freezing outside and I didnt feel like moving it into the garage. Going to do everything soon. The pic shows the difference it makes.photo1_zps230eec9c.jpg

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picture dogs following you around every where licking your truck.

Chrisalecia

Reaction score
I just picture dogs following you around every where licking your truck.

Funny you say that! I used peanut butter to get the wax residue off of my mudflaps. I spread some on one side and went to the other side to let it work in. My dog was outside with me and I didn't put two and two together.

When I went back over to the first side she was licking the mud flap! :laughing1:

I said - ah what the hell, I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop.

By the way - the peanut butter worked awesome!! Maybe my dogs spit added to the effectiveness? :hmmm2:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Funny you say that! I used peanut butter to get the wax residue off of my mudflaps. I spread some on one side and went to the other side to let it work in. My dog was outside with me and I didn't put two and two together.

When I went back over to the first side she was licking the mud flap! :laughing1:

I said - ah what the hell, I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop.

By the way - the peanut butter worked awesome!! Maybe my dogs spit added to the effectiveness? :hmmm2:

would love to see a pic of that lol. If he starts licking the steps take a pic. Im sure that if you do the whole step you have all the neighborhood dogs lined up like eating at a troff

OP
OP
C

custom99

Reaction score
My wife was freaking out saying she was going to be able to smell it. She hates peanut butter. I will have to stop doing this if I find the wild turkeys near the truck. Hopefully they dont like peanut butter. Its a strange thing but it works.

Delta_Chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heat gun works well to refresh plastic also. There are some good YouTube videos!!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried PB a few years ago and it barely lasted a week. I also tried Back to Black. Then I finally found something that works for about a month. Its made by Adam's polishes and its their "Super VRT" dressing. VRT stands for Vinyl, Rubber, and Trim. I use it on my tires, all black plastics like bumper cap and mirrors, and the black trim around all the windows.
Here is a picture of my bumper cap showing what a difference it makes.
2012-05-21_19-08-01_935.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada