Transmissions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Looking at new transmissions and cant seem to find a 'good' seller on the internet. I've looked at monster and FLT. The plan is for a 383 to go in later and i am going to keep the 4l60. I was thinking the heavy duty trans that monster offers with a convertor. What all do you guys think?
What convertor to keep the truck 'the same'?

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a 4l60e from transmission center . net. Was not cheap. I would probably go with an 80 if i could do it over. However it is standing up very well to my 383 with decent mods. Blew the stock rebuilt during engine break in and seat-o-pants tests.

OP
OP
19Yukon97

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wasnt planning on modding the 383 to the max. This is the plan in my head, 4-6 inch lift, 33 or 35 inch tires depending on said lift, gears depending on tires, then the 383. It wont be modded to the max. Was thinking about making a 383 based on the GM ht383e that is on the web. Maybe a bigger 'tow' cam. Reading about the transmissions that monster transmissions offers, the heavy duty series they offer seemed like a good bet for what im looking for. The 4l80 is on the block. I need to go back and read the stuff on the wiring harness for the swap.

What do you think about the 'heavy duty' 4l60 from monster? I couldnt find much infor about it...

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard (read) Monster quality is in the ******* due to high volume, but who knows. I have never had any luck with local rebuilds so I took a chance on the one I have and seems to be good so far.

OP
OP
19Yukon97

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Phone Man. I wont be doing a local rebuild. I dont know any of locals, so dont know how their work is. Ill keep looking. Thanks for yalls responses and help.

OP
OP
19Yukon97

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont have the time to rebuild myself. The truck cant be down for days to weeks. I'll need a transmission that can drop the old out and put the new in and be on my way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts